Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki NYC Area Thursday

Pages: 1 6 replies

I am a Tiki-phile who will be in NYC in Thursday for the PHOTOExpoPlus, and want to hit as many bars as i can during the day in NYC. Its at the Javits Convention Center. Anyway, what are hands down the best tiki bars in NYC? Do any of them offer mugs for sale? I've seen a bunch of messages about NYC, but it'd take awhile to sift through all the information, and I'm not even sure if its there. Mahalo. Lucky

K

I was just in NYC earlier this month. One place you'll definitely want to check out is Waikiki Wally's. Check out this thread:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=10604&forum=2&3

S

Hale,

I visit NYC frequently and my favorites are as follows:

Otto's Shrunken Head, East Village
Zombie Hut, Brooklyn
Waikiki Wally's, East Village

Unfortunately, none of them will be open during the day. You must go out at night in "The City That Never Sleeps."

Since I'm an out of towner (and honorary Ko-Huna) I can't tell you how to get there. I usually just follow my NYC Ohana around and jump from cab to cab. But perhaps the Big Apple Ohana can help you find your way. Manic? Tiki Chris? Urban? A little help, please.

HT

None open during the day? Don't they realize that even if its noon in NYC, it's 5PM in London, good enough reason for me to hit the bar. Damn. I'll have to head up again sometime to hit then during the weekend. I live in Philadelphia, and would bus it up there. Ah well, Mahalo a nui!

MC

Ottos: 14 st b. A+B
Wally's: 2nd b. 1st and A aves
Zombie Hut: Smith @ Degraw (Brooklyn)

[ Edited by: manic cat on 2004-10-21 15:51 ]

T

hey sten
steve from Otto's here
We are actually open M-F Noon-4am

S

hey steve,

that's cool! i had no idea you guys opened at noon. our crew usually doesn't arrive until after 10 pm. next time i'll pop in for a liquid lunch! :wink:

there you go, hale!

Pages: 1 6 replies