Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tabu Tiki Nights IV: Trader Vic's, Chicago, October 20

Pages: 1 10 replies

Sorry for the late notice everyone, but hopefully you all know about this one anyways from previously posted schedules.

Here's info for both October and November:

October 20:
Tabu Tiki Nights IV at Trader Vic's, Chicago!

November 17:
Tabu Tiki Nights V at Trader Vic's, Chicago!

In celebration of the 70th anniversary of Trader Vic's and the 60th anniversary of the invention of Trader Vic's signature drink - the Mai Tai - Trader Vic's and Tiki Road Trip author James Teitelbaum have teamed up to bring you a monthly celebration featuring exotic drinks, Polynesian performance, sumptuous delicacies and mysterious music!

The island madness begins at 7:00 and lasts until 11:00.

No cover!

October 20 (live entertainment: Windy City Islanders)
November 17 (live entertainment: Cocktail Preachers),
December 15 (live entrtainment: a special musical guest from Los Angeles - you'll hear about it soon enough!),
...and in 2005:
February 16, March 16, April 20, May 18 (no event in January).

October 20:
(scroll down for November)

Windy City Islanders: live ukulele band!

Hula dancers from Barefoot Hawaiian.

Lei making by Gwen from Barefoot Hawaiian.

Free door prizes courtesy of Surrey Books: new stuff from the artist Shag.

Free door prizes from Mai Tai Magazine: free copies of the 'zine.

Pop art Tiki prints on display from Chicago artist Esqui.

JT's Kon-Tiki Sound System (spinning vintage Exotica and Hawaiian music).

1/2 price Zombies.

Free pupus (appetisers).

The legendary Singapore Symphony drink: served in a pineapple shell and only available at the monthly Tabu Tiki event.

November 17:

The Return of the Cocktail Preachers, doing their special Surf-Exotica!

Back from his honeymoon and back at the chisel: Dave from Lake Tiki is back at Tabu Tiki Nights!

Hula dancers from Barefoot Hawaiian.

Lei making by Gwen from Barefoot Hawaiian.

Free door prizes courtesy of Surrey Books: new stuff from the artist Shag.

Pop art Tiki prints on display from Chicago artist Esqui.

DSK designs offering their new 10th anniversary Elviki.

JT's Kon-Tiki Sound System (spinning vintage Exotica and Hawaiian music).

1/2 price Zombies.

Free pupus (appetisers).

The legendary Singapore Symphony drink: served in a pineapple shell and only available at the monthly Tabu Tiki event.

It's never too late for Tiki carvers, artisans, and entertainers to arrange to bring their work for display (contact James): [email protected]

Updated live entertainment schedules and further information can be found on Trader Vic's web site
http://tradervics.com/rest-chicago.html
and the venerable Tiki Bar Review Pages site
http://www.tydirium.net

Trader Vic's is located in the lower level of the Palmer House Hilton at 17 E. Monroe, Chicago, IL, 60603. (312) 917-7317

Do you need any help setting stuff up?

I work in the Loop and can be at Trader Vic's by 5:15 or so.

o.k, were hell bent on makin it to one of these before years end, even if i do have to miss work a day for it!

On 2004-10-20 07:21, Tiki Flange wrote:
Do you need any help setting stuff up?
I work in the Loop and can be at Trader Vic's by 5:15 or so.

Thanks for the offer, Flange, but I think we have a grip on it. The set-up is pretty minimal. Feel free to stop by ealier than the 'official' start time of 7:00... Vic's is open for Happy Hour at 5:00.

tikibars wrote:
November 17:

DSK designs offering their new 10th anniversary Elviki.

Wow, I know which night I will be there! Will be good to see the guy that screwed me for $50. OH, and I will make sure to bring friends too! They might like to meet Dave Krys also.

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-10-20 11:09 ]

On 2004-10-20 11:07, Tiki-Toa wrote:
Wow, I know which night I will be there! Will be good to see the guy that screwed me for $50. OH, and I will make sure to bring friends too! They might like to meet Dave Krys also.

Hi Kelley

With all respect, please:
In the future, I'd be obliged if you vented your tensions with other people elsewhere. We are trying to keep this event, like all Tiki events, as positive, upbeat gatherings for the 'ohana.
I'm sorry that you had a problem with Dave, but you have his email address and phone number, so please take it up with him off of the forum (or at the very least, off of this thread), and particularly not at Trader Vic's.
Thanks, bro.
And... since he isn't showing his product tonight, jump in the car and come on down. We'd love to have you at the event.

T
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.