Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

LA: Lock your liquor cabinets and flee

Pages: 1 20 replies

P

I'll be arriving in LA on Friday morning the 5th of Nov.

I'll be leaving Tuesday night on the red-eye.

I have a very tiny agenda that includes:
Tiki Ti
Purple Orchid
The HB gang
A couple of meetings

Could any of the HB crew tell me when the best time is to visit? I want to see Ben's place and invade the Bong Hut. Perhaps a trip to the original Lagoon Room. Is there room in your harried, west coast, Tiki lives for little 'ol me?

I'm still waiting for my song and your just jet setting accross the globe. Well fine then...

P

Your song is done except for the Hawai'ian part that Tiki Bong will help me finish during this trip (I pray). I'll have an mp3 of it here in no time, braddah.

Everybody that hears it loves it.
Can't wait to sing it 'live' at the Kahiki Moon!

Cool!!!

TB

You want extra company, let me know. Utopiandreem & i would like to meet ya!

Tbird.

Yay Pablus!

F

What time do you think you will be at Tiki Ti, Pablus? An early start, I hope?

H

Yeah, what's your schedule, pablus? I'm going to be at Tiki-Ti Friday this week instead of Wednesday. A friend of mine, Michael Hussar, has a show opening at La Luz de Jesus that night, just down the street.

Can't wait to get my quarterly ration of pablus!

P
pablus posted on Mon, Nov 1, 2004 2:29 PM

My plan is to be at the Tiki Ti on Friday the very moment that they open and stay until Berry thrashes me out with a slat from a rum barrell.

I've got a meeting in Hollywood - oooooooh - ahhhhhhh - and then we are supposed to scoot down to the Tiki Ti. "We" meaning me... and if the other 2 guys want to show then fine.

I'm really looking forward to this trip but unless my respiratory system helps me out a bit I may be postponing until December. And that stinks since the Tiki Ti would be closed...

Hmmmmm... maybe early January.

I got pneumonia in late August and am still battling some lingering effects and symptoms. I've had to cancel several paying gigs due to this thing already. And worse - I can't sing - I'm croaking out a raspy dischordant sham of a voice and have been since a few days after Hukilau.

Odd, because I "normally" get one cold every 3 years and never feel anything less than fantastic.

I'm better than I was last Wednesday though and I'll know for sure 24 hours from now once I seek the dreaded medicine man's counsel.

Please forgive me for this up-in-the-air counter-scheduling but I don't have a real choice.

Hope to see you this weekend - you gotta know that.

Yo, Rev. - does that lime shot up the nose thing have any medicinal qualities?

P

Darn.

I won't go into details but it's serious enough to warrant staying home and chilling for the next 2 weeks and taking some heavy antibiotics, the kind you can't drink over.

I'm bumming.
I can't even have a consolation drink.

I'll post another LA date and time when I recover. Sorry for the false alarm - you may now unlock your liquor cabinets.

sigh

Just get well Pablus!

I hope you feel better soon. Bummer.

M

Get well soon!

(secretly glad because I wanted to be there to see this- now there's a second chance!)

H

yeah, i was going to go just to meet you. Get well soon.

H

yeah, i was going to go just to meet you. Get well soon.

T

Pablus,

Well, get well.

H

pablus, I am so sorry to hear you're not feeling well. What a bummer all around. Please take good care of yourself (fluids, sleep, fluids, sleep, blah-de-blah). We'll still be here when you're feeling better.

P
pablus posted on Tue, Nov 2, 2004 5:21 PM

I feel like the "Boy Who Cried Tiki Ti!"

Thanks for the well-wishes, my ohana.

Doc says I'll be fine if I can control my various habits for 2 weeks and sleep more than usual.

I asked him if posting on TC and uke playing was allowed and he assured me it is. Then he made fun of my voice.

I'm sort of thinking January 7th through the 16th - give myself a couple of weekends of fun and a full week to conduct "business."

I feel better already just thinking about it.

On 2004-11-02 17:21, pablus wrote:

Doc says I'll be fine if I can control my various habits for 2 weeks and sleep more than usual.

Pablus - you listen to Doctor Z. He knows what he's talking about. I'm really sorry I won't get to meet you till later. Like Humuhumu said, though - We'll still be here when you're well. Take care. I'll ask Doctor Z to invent a drink for you called the Walking Pneumonia.

P
pablus posted on Tue, Nov 2, 2004 5:54 PM

Good name for a drink.

It needs to be green and bitter.

Lingering and powerful and ultimately painful.

Hmmmm... sounds like Absinthe.

N

On 2004-11-02 17:54, pablus wrote:
Good name for a drink.

It needs to be green and bitter.

Lingering and powerful and ultimately painful.

Hmmmm... sounds like Absinthe.

That gave me a good laugh pablus. Get well soon. And dont drink that absinthe just yet.

Pages: 1 20 replies