Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

One year ago....

Pages: 1 17 replies

This Friday (October 22) will be my 1 year anniversary here on Tiki Central.
I was a member back when it was on yahoo boards, but never really commented. Then one day I joined here after lurking so long.
I wanted to tell everyone "Thanks" for all the info you all have shared and will share in the future. I enjoy coming here everyday and reading about everyones finds, art projects, home bars, and everything else. One day I'll become a Grand Member, because I know I'm missing alot of things at the bottom of the board.
TC has inspired me to do alot of things in my life. Some with my own home bar and some with my art. I've made alot of friends (and I hope no enemies), and even though we all have never met face to face, I feel welcomed.

In the next few weeks I will be making a big change in my life. Many of you know this, I'm moving. I'll be away from the board for a while, but hey I'll be back. Just look at it like a small vacation. My wife and I finally got a house outside of Lubbock. It's not the cool ultra modern stlye I wanted, nor was it a cool adobe with a pool, but I'll be proud to call it home.
Here is a link to my message board with pics of it: http://unklejohn.suddenlaunch.com/index.cgi?board=lounge&action=display&num=1098245253
It's a mission/arts and crafts stlye. We plan on making it very "Frank Lloyd Wright" looking.
Look out West Texas, your new Tiki king has arrived. Mo-holler everyone!

Unkel- Brother, we're glad to have you here!
Good luck with the new place!

wut u talkin about unkle john, that place is great! it holds lots of potential for turning into a space age pad in my opinion.

that front room with the wood paneling will take very little to tikify. congrats home boy! (rimshot)

Congrats Unkle John, you're one of the good ones! Don't stay away too long.

Unkle Jon, moving to a new place takes up an incredible amount of time and energy, but is well worth it if you pick the right place, and it looks like you have with that one! Looks like it's in great shape and that you just have to concetrate on the fun part - decorating and making it your own.

This time last year I was off the board for months due to the same reason, and it felt like being back with old friends once I got back on. I'm sure it'll be the same for you.

Hope the move goes by with a minimum of fuss.

Trader Woody

Thanks guys!

OH and a quick disclaimer... I'm not trying in any way to lure people away from TC to my message board. My board is low-brow and I created it to communicate with the friends I've made in the real world and online world.

Whew.. that ought to cover my butt. Please don't give me an Indian Burn, Hanford.

Oh another disclaimer... "Indian" as refered in "Indian Burn" refers to the natives of the country known as India, not my Native American fathers.

Whew, dodged another one there.

-one man aspiring to be everyone’s favorite unkle.
http://www.unklejohn.com

My Tiki Lounge http://unklejohn.suddenlaunch.com/index.cgi

[ Edited by: Unkle John on 2004-10-21 12:41 ]

D

Good luck with your move! Please don't change out that gorgeous paneling-it's beautiful.Keep us updated-home remodelings are fun to see.

You insult me by Indian Burn comment. Where do can complain? You should be reported.

Doc, I'm keeping that paneling... pure cedar. That's what help sell the house to me.

Bombay, namaste, aap se mil ke khushi hui. Kya haal hain? I am maaf kijiye.

Jab tu paida hua tho aagey se ya peechey se nikla tha chutiya?

er, almost forgot this part: :)

T

Congrats my friend for being such a wonderful presence for so many spins of the big blue marble! :)

On 2004-10-21 13:05, Tiki Bombay wrote:
You insult me by Indian Burn comment. Where do can complain? You should be reported.

Good to hear an Indian Tiki-phile is now on the board! My favourite curry is chicken tikki massala. Ever been to Bongalore?

Trader Woody

Please greetings Trader Woody. While visit I find many good curry eateries in England. The place you name, proper word name is Bangalore. I been once. Many whores bad. They take steel money and runned off. I wish for more tikis in India, for now much rum drink is all I crave.

Tsk-Tsk Bombay, such harsh language on this board about a fellow Tikiphile. However I was born is none of your concern.
Na chhot, na chooche, nakhre noor jahan ke! :)

You identify body parts proper, but I am not royal daughter. Thankyou please. You make fun because I am new?

I go now have many rum drink. :wink:

I'm I buying this?

Gald your still with us Unc!!

Unga, I'm as bewildered as you. Me thinks he is a fellow brother (or sister) playing with me.

Pages: 1 17 replies