Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Rattiki is back from the Philippines with your masks and stuff :-)

Pages: 1 15 replies

R

I got back last week but have been stupid busy and have not had time to post until now. I'll have to weigh one of each to guess the shipping costs but they are here and ready to go. So if you pre-ordered masks from me back in May touch base with me and I can get them out to you all ASAP. [email protected]

BTW I had 10 small cups carved to look like the Tiki drum on page 58 of the Leeteg of Tahiti book that I will be offering on eBay soon. Also I have a bunch of 3" tiki masks (facsmiles of the 4 pieces I offered in the 16" size) which I will offer to be worn as necklesses. I am working on the latter still as I have some 2" bores teeth to go with it and am trying to get my girl in the Philippines to send me some more coconut shell beads etc. to string them all up with. I'll post pix latter so you all will know what the hell I am on about. :wink:

[ Edited by: Rattiki on 2004-10-21 14:39 ]

welcome back!

you might wanna edit your address from "yahho" to "yahoo" in the case that folks cut-n-paste yer address. aloha!!!

P

Welcome back, rat!
Any major storms in the Phlips while you were away?

We had a few brief rainfalls and mild breeze or two.

:tiki: Glad to see your back Rattiki.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9182&forum=5

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-10-21 10:56 ]

Good to see you made it back! Was recentley wondering what ever happened to that TC'r that went off to get masks in the Philippines and sort of vanished. All about that Moai!

On 2004-10-21 10:31, Johnny Dollar wrote:
you might wanna edit your address from "yahho" to "yahoo"

That would make a good dot com for a pimp website.
Welcome back Rattiki!
This is a great gesture on your behalf. Very nice of you to do this. I have a special place on my bar for the Moai.

D

How was the food?

H

Did you try a Baalut? Mmmmmm...Yum.

R

On 2004-10-21 13:27, Hakalugi wrote:
Did you try a Baalut? Mmmmmm...Yum.

Yes it is a waste of a perfectly good egg IMO! :o

Anyway thanx guys (and gals) for the welcome back. I'll try and get some pix up in the next couple of days as some of the Tikis have been greatly improved on by my favorite carver who I mostly utilized for these pieces. Only the Moai is exactly the same in design as I used a different source (the same carvers that did them before) and the 'Bone in nose Cannibal' is virtually the same, but the round mouth is much cooler and the Savage is awesome now! I also have a couple of Dr. Fumanchu masks (just like the old 40s-50s tiki mug that sometimes shows up on eBay) made up and I'll probably off one of them, I am really happy they way they look too.

Thanks, Rattiki.
I was just thinking about the history of Filipino carvers and tiki and it occurs to me that you are providing our own personalized link to a continuation of that.

[ Edited by: tikijackalope on 2004-10-21 18:33 ]

R

On 2004-10-21 18:28, tikijackalope wrote:
Thanks, Rattiki.
I was just thinking about the history of Filipino carvers and tiki and it occurs to me that you are providing our own personalized link to a continuation of that.

[ Edited by: tikijackalope on 2004-10-21 18:33 ]

Funny you mention that as they asked for and I left them my copy of the Book of Tiki so they could have some inspiration.

Thanks again Carl, glad you are back safely. Really nice of you to offer such a great deal to us TC ohana.

Aaron

Rattiki,
Glad you made it back! Hope your place in FL was all in 1 piece when you returned. I've definitely been saving some wall space for all 4 of these cool masks. I'm also interested in the necklaced-sized too. Many cheers to you! K

R

OK guys I got an e-mail from most of you. I will have to find some time here and go down to the post to wiegh the masks to get an idea of the USPS priority costs. Also if you didn't send me your address with your e-mail please do as I need it to calculte the cost. If you don't remember exactly what you ordered that is OK as I kept the e-mails you originally sent me, and YES I do take PayPal (though money orders are nice too) :wink: Don't worry if it takes a few days or so to calculate all of this as I work long and late hours hacking a cab and the Fantasy Fest insanity is about to begin! :o

[ Edited by: Rattiki on 2004-10-23 14:35 ]

Let me know if you have any extras. I missed your post before you left.

I just pm'd ya, please check.

Pages: 1 15 replies