Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Hot Rods-Surf-Tiki-Rockabilly-Saturday 10/23-Ventura, CA

Pages: 1 5 replies

This was buried in another hot rod post (thanks Stuff-o-rama for the reminder). No big bucks trailered rods, just the cool sleds and bikes. Check out the web site for more band info. I do believe there will be some TC vendors there so there should be Tiki-o-plenty. Vending is first come so you can still vend last minute. Surfers Point is across the street for you riders of the fiberglass (home of the C Street longboard championships). So.......hit the surf at dawn (supposed to be waist to chest high with occaisional overheads), head to the show and check out the rides and buy some Tiki, downtown thrift and antiques to kill some time until Volcano Bowls and Polynesian Review at the Hong Kong Inn!

http://www.primernationals.com

almost forgot to post the link

[ Edited by: bongofury on 2004-10-22 08:57 ]

Oh man- all my favorite things in one place (I assume there will be chicks there)!! You left coasters are so lucky.

California really is the mostest! I would so be there if I lived there. My hot rod show consists of "old farts" in a fast food parking lot on a Sat. Music?- turn on the AM radio in that retro car Food?- McDonald's Shwag?-NASCAR

Some one going please take some pics for us that cant.

K

It makes me sick that I am not there. I was meant to drive my 54 Ford down. All my pals for San Jose went. Next year I will be there fo sho!

On 2004-10-22 08:56, bongofury wrote:
I do believe there will be some TC vendors there so there should be Tiki-o-plenty. Vending is first come so you can still vend last minute.
[ Edited by: bongofury on 2004-10-22 08:57 ]

I couldn't get my proverbial sh*t together so I went as a specator this year. Which TCers vended and was it worth their while? I got hypnotized by Pete "Hot Dog" Finlan doing his pinstriping (I already mentioned this in the hot rods & tikis thread) but didn't see much in the tiki vein. I must admit I didn't make it through all the 2nd part of vendors as they were all shoved against the back fence and people seemed confused as to where the rows actually started and ended. I felt like a salmon trying to swim upstream, so I bailed out...

Pages: 1 5 replies