Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Introducing a new ceramic artist to you!

Pages: 1 3 replies

Aloha,
Tony Natsoulas and his charming wife Donna are our neighbors here in Sacramento and they live only a block away from us here at Martiniland. They also live in one of these cool retro Streng Brothers 60's modern homes and their house is incredible, filled with fun retro/modern art. So Richard and I hit it off with them from the start, and we're doing things with them all the time and they are introducing us to many local artists up here.
Tony is a full time ceramic artist with his own studio complete with kilns at his home. He makes all kinds of ceramic busts and other items.
Here's the exciting news all you tiki people - we're going to create a new line of ceramic Tiki products together and we're calling it 'Tikiboutiki', coming soon at Pariarts.com. We're going to produce some original handmade tiki masks, vessels and clocks to begin with. We made a sample mask already to work out the techniques and style. Look for Tikiboutiki online early next year!
Check out Tony's other incredible eclectic works at his website at http://www.tonynatsoulas.com.
You can see some of his larger public works as well as smaller items like ceramic fish, starfish and other handmade items. You can purchase his works directly from him on his website. He also does ceramic portrait commissions. How cool is that?
He had a show at the Crocker museum in Sacramento a couple of years ago and it features his Baroque caricatures of some of his friends, they're my favorites. Cheers all.

[ Edited by: pariartspaul on 2004-10-22 12:23 ]

T

Not sure, but are you aware that the name "boutiki" is the user name here on TC for author Duke Carter of Tiki Quest?

Aloha,
No I had no idea that 'boutiki' was somebody's handle here. We came up with the name 'Tikiboutiki' one night and thought it was funny and sounded good. So I did some internet searches and didn't come up with anything. We registered the Tikiboutiki domain and have it linked to Pariarts.com (if you type in http://www.tikiboutiki.com it bounces over to pariarts.com for now until we get the site developed) I did find a souvenier shop at a waterpark in Guam called 'Boutiki'. Thanks!

[ Edited by: pariartspaul on 2004-10-22 14:31 ]

T

By the way, sorry I did not mention it before I love the stuff of Tony's that you posted here, I look forward to seeing the mugs.

Pages: 1 3 replies