Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Attention Bay Area people

Pages: 1 8 replies

M
mig posted on Wed, Apr 17, 2002 3:45 PM

Okay, kind of OT here. But I'm having a big-ass birthday gathering on Friday 5/10 and Saturday 5/11. And I want you all to be there. ElJab, Fonduie, BigBad, AquaRJ, the Smileys, Cynner, etc.

And of course this is open to everyone else, should you feel like making the journey up to the Bay Area. (WeirdUnc? Suicide Sam?)

Last year's birthday was on an epic scale and this one is looking to be even bigger. Go-Go dance party and schmoozing action all weekend long. So check out http://www.gorilla-x.com/bday.html for the info. And there's a link there if you want to get on the official evite.

Open to anyone so come on out!
mig

Cheers to Mig for putting together such a fab party! Jeers to it being on the day I must leave the Bay Area for a friend's wedding! Oh, you tempter you. I'll bet it's the best Go-Go/Exotic/Gorilla party of the year. Durn! Have fun. I will be up north the 10 days preceding the party. If any of you S.F. area gang want to get together for shenanigans, let me know.

-Weird Unc

T

WeirdUnc-

Remind us on tiki central when the time comes that you'll be here and we can discuss a time and place to meet.

Jab

You know I'll be there Mig!
keep me posted baby!

F

I'll give it a shot and try to make it up to the city for your shindig. Happy Birthday.

M
mig posted on Mon, May 6, 2002 12:39 PM

Various events this week/weekend.

On Friday and Saturday, the big birthday happenings are... happening. See http://www.gorilla-x.com/bday.html for details. And YES your presence is demanded.

Also, this coming Tuesday (as in, tomorrow): the burlesque show! Starring, of course, Gorilla X. This one is going to be CHOCK-FULL of good acts... the most jam-packed one yet. Dancing girls. Fire eaters. Samba Girls. Kung Fu. Gorilla Fu. Four stars, TikiBob says check it out. Here are the details:

San Francisco's Famous Burlesque Review appears again at the Make Out Room next Tuesday, May 7, and it promises to be more fun than Gorilla X can shake his stick at. Beautiful women, exciting variety, and a band so good even blind people come to the shows!

For a review of the April show, check out Laurel Wellman's 4/11 column in the
San Francisco Chronicle at the link below:
http://sfgate.com/cgibin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2002/04/11/MN163169.DTL

The upcoming show features the dazzling dance numbers of the Cantankerous Lollies, plus solo performances by the Delightful Delilah, French Fireball Margot Montmarte, and the exotic Kaotika Du Flambeau. Kitten on the Keys will tickle your fancy with songs and lusty lyrics, Molotov and Felicity will tease and thrill with their spine-tingling, death-defying feats while
Hot Pink Feathers will samba their way into your dreams. Want more? How about Gorilla X, Gorilla to the Stars? How about Natasha Navadasky, mysterious Russian psychic? How about a wrestling match pitting Natasha against the burly beast that is Gorilla X? Plus, an act you'll have to see to believe:
the Boing, Boing, Boing Boy. (His act can only be described by word of mouth.) This much entertainment can only be held together by Mad V. Dog, San Francisco's favorite MC, and the pulsating power of San Francisco's Famous Burlesque Orchestra.

Well, maybe Ed Sullivan could hold it all
together. But he's not available. So...Tuesday nite, May 7...the Make Out Room doors open at 8:30. You'll find those doors at 3225 22nd St. (between Mission and Valencia). Hope to see you there!

I was about to be suprised by your B-Day on the 11th cause mine is 5 days later on the 16th but then I remembered we already had that conversation about this time in New Orleans last year. Happy B-Day Mig, it was good to see ya in Vegas last March. You shoulda stuck around for awhile, we ended up taking a tour of titi bars.

M
mig posted on Wed, May 8, 2002 10:26 AM

heehee, I'm sure you meant TIKI bars, you know how the "k" and the "t" are right next to each other on the keyboard, it's really easy to switch them.

HAHAHAAHAAAAAAA that was a rather wacky weekend. I'm definitely going to VLV next year!!

Mig, thanks for extending an invitation to us all. I wish I could make it to finally meet some other Tikicentralites but I'll be working this weekend.

Have a GREAT birthday!

Pages: 1 8 replies