Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Disneyland Tahitian Terrace--whatsup?

Pages: 1 5 replies

With all the rehab going on for the 50th anniversary, does anyone know what they are doing with the Tahitian Terrace area? I remember reading somewhere that currently the entertainment department is having a tough time justifying the cost of resurrecting that show, but it seems that with all of the Tiki Culture fans in the area and indeed all over, as well as the popularity of Lilo & Stitch, having a fun "fakey luau" (Nani's words)would be a good draw, not to mention something a lot of old timers would enjoy revisiting. Perhaps we could rally the Tiki Culture folks?!?

Man - I'm still trying to find out what's going on with it. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for them to return it to it's former glory, though. When they turned it into Aladdin's Oasis - they gutted a lot of the Polynesian things....

Here is a little interest tidbit I just learned from an Ebay auction. Tangaroa, I’m sure you already knew this; the Tahitian Terrace was formerly
going to be called the Pavillion Adventureland. Looked like they were going for an African atmosphere judging by the picture. I am so glad they decided to go for the Tahitian approach.
I also hope that they bring it back in “some” of it’s old glory.
I know I am unintentionally plugging this person’s auction (I don’t know him/her), and I know your probably going to Ebay to check it out, so here’s the link top save you the search. Ebay Link

T

It was originally the backside for the Plaza Pavillion (to see pics go here: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6977&forum=1&vpost=85492)

That's a concept sketch for an attraction poster, which never happened. It's Dug Miller's auction - check out the stuff he sells - really great items!

G

Today's issue of the Orlando Sentinel features an article on page 1 of the business section titled "Pixar sale to Disney keeping bloggers busy". It's talking about a forum site where Disney professionals exchange thoughts on what should be fixed in the Disney theme parks now that management has changed and Pixar has come on board. The article features a large screen capture of the imagineerebirth.blogspot.com web site and the post shown in the screen capture is one by TC's very own pariartspaul. Paul's post is titled "Tiki, tiki, tiki!" (dated March 9, 2006) and is calling for a revival of Adventureland’s Tahitian Terrace.

Big thanks to pariartspaul for posting this on the forum site! And it sure is nice to see tiki mentioned so prominently in the Orlando Sentinel! Let's hope Disney management is paying attention.

TM

Pages: 1 5 replies