Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: elviki

Pages: 1 18 replies

HT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2003&item=3937452885&rd=1

Looks like its back. I haven't been able to find him anywhere, and it appears that there are 250 more being made. Aloha.

T

Yeah too bad the guy that is selling them is a rip off artist.

HT

How so? Other than the price.

B

What's the scoop Tiki-Toa? i was going to get one of these for a friend of mine who is an Elvis fan, but you comment has made me pause.

Are these legitimate repro's?

T

The how and why is that I had a tiki event and the prick that is selling these is named Dave Krys, he committed himself and another person to coming as a vendor and to eat at the dinner, the meal was $25 a person he committed for two meals, which I had to pay out of my pocket after he no showed/no called and then after when I called and emailed him he would not respond to any of my attempts to contact him. I found out after from others I am not the first to be treated in such a mannner by Dave Krys. The thing is that he is not even the artist of Elviki, the real artist is probably not even getting all that she derserves as such, I have talked to her and encouraged her to do more of Elviki on her own as I would love to have something of this great character that she has done but be able to give financial support directly to her. She is a memeber of TC but not a big presence sadly. If any one wants to see the emails that I haved saved from Dave Krys feel free to PM me and I will send them. I am not trying to be negative, but factual in what happened. As far as I know he has the ability to correct this with me by contacting me, yet has not made any attempt to do so. And if he says he does not have my email or phone number well I will give him credit and say that he is smart enough to know how to get in touch with me. Hope this helps to clarify things.

Ah. And to think, he gets credit for the design in HULA DANCERS AND TIKI GODS page 186. Perhaps the Author should be contacted if he is not the creator of the Elviki. I see where you're coming from and I understand. Also, I was looking through the same book to find the UGLY Moai Lamp that I see on ebay and other Tiki sites for around $40, apparently he's responsible for that ugly POS too. Aloha!

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki on 2004-10-24 22:27 ]

CA

sorry to hear you got stiffed Toa, but Dave is a good guy in my book and I've known
him since '97... he has led the way in this new tiki generation and should not be overlooked, his piece for Otto's TikiNow show kicked ass...

and for the hula book...Cindy does get credit....
I sent the author about a quarter page of info on my Limited Edition of 1000 HW01's and TikiHulaMama... all the guy printed was photo credit to my website... interesting there's a quarter blank page with my photos pg113
Not top mention he didn't print any of my tikis!!! f'er

[ Edited by: crazy al on 2004-10-25 00:39 ]

T

On 2004-10-25 00:33, crazy al wrote:
sorry to hear you got stiffed Toa, but Dave is a good guy in my book and I've known
him since '97...
and for the hula book...

Well Al, at least you can say you are one person that has not had a negative experience with him, what that says to me is that all your times with him are good but that does not mean he is a stand up guy or too be trusted, for myself and likely others we are not able to say the same.

And I think it is a shame Al that you are not getting what you derserve in the way of credit for your designs and work in the the HULA BOOK as I do not know what it is about.

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-10-25 05:44 ]

M

I will put in a second for Al. I've known him for a couple of years and have never heard of anything remotely like what Tiki-toa is referring to. Have you tried resolving this with Dave?

Matt

T

On 2004-10-24 20:20, Tiki-Toa wrote:
I am not trying to be negative, but factual in what happened. As far as I know he has the ability to correct this with me by contacting me, yet has not made any attempt to do so. And if he says he does not have my email or phone number well I will give him credit and say that he is smart enough to know how to get in touch with me. Hope this helps to clarify things.

Please read this Matt, I think you may have missed this your first time through. And after 2-3 calls and a couple of emails I am done with trying to resolve this as I have not seen any evidence of it on his part.

hey all, this is Cindy Crowell, creator of Elviki...there appears to be some confusion about the involvement of Dave Krys/ DSK Designs in all of this...the original statues as well as the upcoming reissue were a joint collaboration between us. my name appears on the box and the base of the figure, and I have always received proper credit from Dave, as well as timely compensation according to our agreement. I'm sorry if anyone else has had a bad experience, but I have never had any problems.
on a lighter note, in conjunction with the new release I will be putting some original Elviki concept artwork on ebay in the near future. I will post an announcement on TC.
mahalo!

Aloha TexasTiki!
Elviki is great. Thanks doing the re-issue, I've been wanting one for years.
Thank you, thank you very much,
:tiki:

thanks! glad people are concerned about me getting credit. I have just posted some original ELVIKI sketches on ebay, do a search on elviki or my username, peggysuicide. mahalo!

M

I received my Elviki on Saturday. The whole eBay experience with Rum-Dum was very smooth for me.

Rum-Dum rocks! Got my Elviki's super fast, packed nicely. They are sweet!!!

T

Yeah he is such a great guy. Too bad I still have not gotten the money he owes. And I never will unless I agree to his conditions. But I can see how everyone could think just because Elviki is cool that he is the nicest guy they have never met. Wow, am I having a bitter moment here? And for the rest of you keep buying those Elviki some of the money does go to Cindy.

[ Edited by: tiki-toa on 2004-11-03 05:59 ]

I really like the elviki but im wondering why they are not signed by the artist? I would think most people would like cindys autograph on the bottom along with the edition number. Also does Cindy license the image for promotional use? I would buy one but i would really want it signed. Thanks for any info.

The main reason I can't sign them is the logistics of me being in texas and DSK and the elvikis are in Chicago...I will be happy to sign one for anybody if they ship it to me with return postage...any questions about the elviki statues can be addressed to Dave at [email protected], or about elviki in general to me at [email protected]. thanks!

M

Aloha!

I'm must be parting with my 10-year anniversary edition ELVIKI. It's currently on eBay if you're looking to grab one for yourself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIKI-Tiki-Statue-NIB-LE-10-Yr-Anniversary-Painted-Cast-Resin-Sculpture-/121478149927?

Thanks for looking and best of luck!

Mahalo.

Pages: 1 18 replies