Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Another instance of unlicensed tiki mugs?

Pages: 1 10 replies

So, I'm sure that Tiki Farm outsources a lot of mugs, but I ran across this on a site, and didn't know if this was legit, or perhaps another instance of things not being on the up and up.

http://amos.shop.com/amos/cc/pcd/8852706/prd/13216079/ccsyn/260

If it is legit, my apologies, but if not, glad I could help out the guys at Tiki Farm. Then again, I could just be WAY off about the whole thing, as m knowledge of modern tiki mugs is very limited, as I just ordered my first Tiki Farm products a week and a half ago, and am still patiently waiting for them.

Aloha!

The majority of Tiki Farm's business is as wholesalers, so you'll see many, many retailers with their products.

HT

I figured, but after seeing the stuff from MUNKTIKI being copied, I just thought I'd check.

Yes there are a crapload of other companies that carry Tikifarm products. I have obtained many, many, sold out retired mugs from other retailers by just searching for a specific mug. I have yet to come accross a Tikifarm knockoff, like the ones someone found of Munktiki mugs. I think Tikifarm's stuff is very affordable, so how much more could you save by buying a knockoff?

Aloha!
Thanks for the concern on the mugs. Siegler's is one of our clients. We are always appreciative at having all of our customers be our additional 'set of eyes' when it comes to tiki mugs. No knockoffs have been found to date, and to be honest, its not easy for another company to setup shop to knock us off. If they do, it would be extremely short lived and most likely not worth it to them in the long run considering how much work it takes to go through each step of the design, manufacturing and marketing process.

Mahalo!

i was curious about that too, fakes, I mean.
I was at the Long Beach swap meet down in LA when I was visiting, and a vendor had Tikifarm mugs, but each one had a sticker that said "Hecho en Mexico" and I didnt' think that was right...

B

On 2004-10-25 18:09, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
No knockoffs have been found to date,

There are these guys, sold by Shonfelds(sp?)as part of their "Tiki Dee-Dee" and so on sets. Looks like they found the Moai to difficult to reproduce.

in comparison to:

[ Edited by: badmojo on 2004-10-26 14:16 ]

Excellent spy work Mojo!
A rip off can't get any better that this.

K
Kono posted on Tue, Oct 26, 2004 4:29 PM

On 2004-10-26 11:39, sweetpea wrote:
i was curious about that too, fakes, I mean.
I was at the Long Beach swap meet down in LA when I was visiting, and a vendor had Tikifarm mugs, but each one had a sticker that said "Hecho en Mexico" and I didnt' think that was right...

The ones that you get directly from tikifarm.com have a "Hecho en Mexico" sticker on the bottom.

HT

I apologize to anyone I offend ahead of time, but is it just me, or does this Tiki look like he's got his hands in his pockets and he's playing a little pocket pool?

I am no mug expert, but I was told that all of the mass produced mugs from Tikifarm are made at their facility in Mexico, and the Limited edition higher priced stuff like Shag, Crazy Al, etc.. are made at the facility in Cali. Sugarcaddy Daddy, or Holden, am I right?

Aaron

Pages: 1 10 replies