Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

King Kukulele's big 40th w/ live performance by The Smokin' Menehunes!

Pages: 1 2 61 replies

Ok folks, Denny's better half, Hilary is throwing the King a party on November 19th, 2004.

It will be held at my second favorite place and yours..... Sam's Seafood . This also happens to be the last show of the season there and the show is already half sold-out.
The dinner show is $39.25 with the tax and tip included.

• seating starts at 7pm
  • dinner is served at 7:20 pm
  • music starts at 7:30
  • the show runs from 9-10:15pm

After the show we can all move to a private room that has been rented there just for us with our own portable bar. There has even been talk of some of the old tikis that are stored in the basement being brought up to our room to join in on the fun. For those that can't make the show, our private room is rented from 9pm to 1am . You can hang out there, in the bar or... Yes children are welcome as well.

There will be a door prize give-away for one lucky party goer as well LIVE music by the SMOKIN' MENEHUNES!!!!

So call and make you reservations . Sam's phone # is (562) 592-1321 and get on the King Kukule's 40th B-day party list! If you have any further questions or ideas you can send them to [email protected]

Coo Coo!

[ Edited by: thechikitiki on 2004-10-25 23:42 ]

[ Edited by: thechikitiki on 2004-10-27 18:16 ]

Is Floratina gonna do the "Jump out of the Cake" wearing tassles, gig??!!

Arrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Thought you were younger King!

We'll be there for sure!!

I smell a celebrity roast.
Cook him up like wun Kalua pig!
40 years and going strong,
Happy birthday to K. Kukulele

Chongolio

CA

NICE!

Rebecca and I will be there. We would not miss King Kukulele's 40th birthday for anything. Not even a hurricane could stop us.

Just got Utopiandreem's & I reservation! Cya there.

Bong's in! (I hope this won't dampen the evening...)

H

Double-in... the Schmama Lama's in town. Whee!

A

In like Flynn!
Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

We're in!

Ran

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:10 ]

P

On 2004-10-26 22:00, TNTiki wrote:

On 2004-10-26 18:05, Alnshely wrote:
In like Flynn!
Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

I think you mean Flint, Shell, unless of course this is some inside joke to which I not party to. In which place, I apologize.

Nope. "In Like Flynn" was the original saying, "Flynn" referring to the movie star Erol Flynn. "In Like Flint" was a 60's spy comedy movie starring James Coburn and Yvonne "Batgirl" Craig.

S

Finally, a local event Tiki T and I can make!

We're in. Just called and confirmed our reservations for the show.

It will be an honor to help The King celebrate his 40th! After all, he was there ours at the Madonna Inn (even though he didn't know us yet!).

This is gonna be fun!

See you there.

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 18:10 ]

Hey Tiki Folks,

Make plans and make 'em now to help the King celebrate his one and only 40th.

The dinner and polynesian show are really outstanding. As a matter of fact, last time I went the owner tossed me a vintage mug retrieved from the basement just for telling him about our tiki mug collecting psycho's.

And last but not least, we're gonna be kicking out the tunes until the next morning!

(hopefully Crazy Al will be beatin' his coconuts to the beat!)

CA

booked my seet for dinner today.... few left i guess.......

i love that bong loves my nuts!

Unga Is In!
A night to be remembered.

I am in! Al, all of us in the SM's love your nuts!

I'm so excited! I've never been to
Sam's. Well, except when it was closed...urp.

My pal Paul Vietzke, the perennially aloha-shirt-clad bartender extraordinaire at Oakland's Conga Lounge, will be there with Bill and me. It's Paul's first non-Conga tiki event, too.

Happy Birthday, King! (there's only one King in my book and his initials are NOT EP!)It'll be great to see all of you Hoities!!!

Lisa aka tikivixen

I'll be there too. Happy B-Day King. We'll do it up for youse.

The Velours will be there!

Aloha all!! New to the forum, but not to Sam's Seafood and a good party. Is this an open invitation to all or just for friends of the King?

Rika-Tiki,

This celebration of King's 40th is open to all. As a matter of fact, you should plan to be there.

(Sam's was the first place I had a 'legal' drink on 2/24/81, many moons ago...)

RT

Thanks!
We just made the call to Sam's & we're in !

Just booked my reservation -- I'll be there with the Mrs.

MG

I'll be there for sure with my son Dylan (10 yrs old), he'll be there just for dinner. Not sure about Lisa yet.

SugarCaddyDaddy (Frank)
SugarMama (Renee)
SugarBaby (Olivia, 5 yr. old)

Reservations set!

Any Northern Californians heading down for this? I'd be up for a quick-turnaround ride-share. It'd have to be a Friday morning departure, Saturday morning return. It's a haul, but worth it for the king! Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected].

-Weird Unc

H

Qtiki and I will be there as well, but we"ll be late.

MG

Come on Weird Unc!
Get your butt down here!

[ Edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-11-05 09:03 ]

A

I'll be there along with a few others. Whoo!

Hey, I'm not getting touchie-y-feelie here, but let's come up with some audience participation that will really make the evening ferocious!

I don't think we should roast our beloved King, because he's a sensitive artist, but let's have a bit of fun, shall we:|]kdkkdkdklslkdl

On 2004-11-06 22:34, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Hey, I'm not getting touchie-y-feelie here, but let's come up with some audience participation that will really make the evening ferocious!

I don't think we should roast our beloved King, because he's a sensitive artist, but let's have a bit of fun, shall we:|]kdkkdkdklslkdl

Well hell, since you asked,
I'd like to see a mud-wrestling match between the King, and our beautiful Miss Cherry Capri!
But that’s another day.

On 2004-11-06 22:34, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Hey, I'm not getting touchie-y-feelie here, but let's come up with some audience participation that will really make the evening ferocious.

We got to get FloraTina to do the cake dance!! I'm sure King would get a kick out of it!!! Maybe C'Al could support it with his nuts too. Any "organizers" out there think you could arrange and pull this off?

p.s. and then there's always the run by, Pie to the Face, stealth, political, thing. Watch out king!!!

P
pablus posted on Mon, Nov 8, 2004 8:04 PM

If there was one event that I'm saddened about missing, it's this one.

King Kukulele is one of the hippest people of all time and I'm lucky and honored to know him and call him "friend."

A terrific singer, songwriter, entertainer, philosopher and a darn snappy dresser.

Sire,
I hope this year brings so much happiness and satisfaction that you have to sell some off.

Enjoy your subjects' accolades and well wishes, Your Majesty.

Long Live the King.

Tiki Bong said:
"Hey, I'm not getting touchie-y-feelie here, but let's come up with some audience participation that will really make the evening ferocious!

I don't think we should roast our beloved King, because he's a sensitive artist, but let's have a bit of fun, shall we:|]kdkkdkdklslkdl"

I'm not sure what "kdkkdkdklslkdl" means.
Now I do not want to hi-jack the original intentions of originalal theme (if there was one) of the King's Birthday party, but the term "Mad Hatters Tea Party" keeps comming to mind. No strict interpretations, just wacky.

[ Edited by: Krustiki on 2004-11-10 10:14 ]

Tikibelle and I have made our reservation. See you all Friday.

Monkeyman IN.

Bong I'll be over early for the pre-party

Man, I hope Sam's can recover after this one.
I will be in Huntington Beach on Thursday at the Hyatt. Anyone want to hang for a cocktail, please let me know with a PM.
I look forward to this event.

Can anybody recommend a hotel / motel within crawling distance from Sam's?
Ookoo Lady and I,Krustiki, want to plan to not drive home and possibly do dawn patrol at Bolsa Chica State Beach. You know, post- apocalyptic, morning after, bon-fire ukuelele, bongo, konga, guitar jam, binge sort of thing. And who knows, surf may be up.

Hey Hey Kids!

[ Edited by: Krustiki on 2004-11-16 12:41 ]

Krustiki-
Right next door to Sam's is a Motel called "777 Motel". You might want to stay there. It is only a walk across the parking-lot. I don't know if it is nice but it is walking distance and you would not have to drive at all after leaving a fun time at Sam's.

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale on 2004-11-16 12:51 ]

On 2004-11-16 12:39, Krustiki wrote:
Can anybody recommend a hotel / motel within crawling distance from Sam's?
Ookoo Lady and I,Krustiki, want to plan to not drive home and possibly do dawn patrol at Bolsa Chica State Beach. You know, post- apocalyptic, morning after, bon-fire ukuelele, bongo, konga, guitar jam, binge sort of thing. And who knows, surf may be up.

Krustiki,

Bolsa Chica State beach tower 17 is my hang out. I'd be into bringing a couple of boards down that Saturday. Remind me Friday night at the gig (oh yeah, and tell me who you are).

Were in! See ya'all on Friday.

Reservations made. Accommodations set. see ya friday.

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2004-11-16 22:12 ]

MG

My board will be in the van ready to go if there's a possible TC surf session.

On 2004-11-16 12:50, The Sperm Whale wrote:
Krustiki-
Right next door to Sam's is a Motel called "777 Motel". You might want to stay there. It is only a walk across the parking-lot. I don't know if it is nice but it is walking distance and you would not have to drive at all after leaving a fun time at Sam's.

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale on 2004-11-16 12:51 ]

This is a cool little place (besides the bullet proof glass in the lobby)and cheap. My guess back in the day it had some Tiki Element to it. Go out back and see what you think.

K

I am starting to load the wood into the back of my truck today. Fire! Fire! Fire!

Lodging set.

Courtyard by Marriott near the 405.

8 miles from Sams.

If anyone needs a place to crash I have an extra bed.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2004-11-19 13:58 ]

Pages: 1 2 61 replies