Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Greetings from Tokyo!

Pages: 1 11 replies

T

Just about to head out to the Tiki TIki Shinjuku for dinner. I am very excited because they have some great new mugs... 5 mugs in total now that you can keep when you buy the drink. woohoo!

Hi Tikifish, Any of those mugs coming back with you?

V

Great to hear you're fine.
Take plenty of pictures for us (especially the new mugs).
A bientôt...sayonara

T

Sorry most of us weren't up at 3AM!!!!! to Shout with you...!
Have fun in Tokyo - I'm very jealous.....

have fun!

watch out for giant monster attack city!

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-10-26 07:10 ]

CA

see if you can find any of these

my connection has no more to send me.
THANKS

M

On 2004-10-26 12:30, crazy al wrote:
see if you can find any of these

my connection has no more to send me.
THANKS

How funny-i was thinking the same thing!!--mrsmiley
http://us.f521.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter?MsgId=480_3287821_594454_1005_820_0_174878_2355_1909055902&Idx=11&YY=38349&inc=25&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b&box=Inbox

I'm heading out to Tokyo in December for the Moon Eyes Hot Rod show. Any tiki locations I should hit up when I'm there???

T

I have been looking for the mono magazine but no luck so far... and yes, I got all 5 tiki tiki mugs! I will show pics of them when I return. A coconut, a naked wahine, a flower, the tiki with the boobs, and a skull. Saw another restaurant with tikis, torches, and fishing floats out front when we went to the Aquarium in Yokohama, but not worth visiting unless you are already planning to go to the Aquarium (which is definitley worth doing anyway!).

Hope you area all good! Talk to you all more when I return...

The yokohama aquarium is cool, went there on my first trip to Japan.

Not exactly sure at the moment which tiki tiki(shinjuku I think) I went to on my last trip but I have to say I was left with a very odd feeling.
First, there is this Caucasian guy working there who was a bit creepy. I know it was his bit to walk up and do magic tricks, jokes and what not but... he was just strange

Second, We had asked to buy a couple extra mugs while we were eating but once we were finished and paying for our meal the mugs were mysteriously all gone, I found that very interesting.

Oh well... I at least got my own set.

-stuckie

I got to get a bigger monitor!!! (what up wit dat??)

T

Ah, yes, the magic trick guy! Funy you should mention that, because after we all left we were all mentioning how creepy, strange and almost cadaverous looking the magic guy was!

You must have been at the Shinjuku location too then. The Yokohama location is a bit of a trek.

Pages: 1 11 replies