Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

New Forum: Tiki Marketplace

Pages: 1 24 replies

We'll try this out and see how it works. The new forum is the only place to post for-sale items, even if you're not the one selling it!

Please post your throughts and comments here.

Mahalo,

Hanford

I think you're a hardworking & deeply caring individual, that Mary Feldman was a genius, that beer is food, that Ikea has tons of cool "stuff," that Mozilla/Firefox's BBCode feature is incredible, that Mai Tais are better served in a pineapple shell, and that although the 30-Years War didn't cause as much damage to most of the countryside that many people think, it crippled Germany until the beginning of the 20th Century.

Great Idea!

Here you are are coming through for us again! I was just thinking today of all the dynamics this site has and how difficult it must be to moderate/upkeep.

I've thought for a while something like this was needed concerning the collecting forum. Mahalo! keep up the great job Hanford!

-FB

It looks like the Ebay Forum, should the name be changed? Off subject, but along the same lines: How about a 'Trading Forum'? Or should trades be conducted in 'Collecting' Forum...sometimes I get so confused =[

Tiki Mugs, Vintage, Tiki Bars, Carved Tiki Poles, Apparel and more!
Everything Tiki at: http://www.bartiki.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt on 2004-10-26 22:19 ]

D

Great idea-thanks!

Awsome idea!

Hanford,

I can't imagine how much time that must have taken for you. Thanks for taking care of us and being open to new ideas.

Also, thanks to Toa for posting the idea in the first place. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it does make a lot of sense.

On 2004-10-27 12:31, MachTiki wrote:
I can't imagine how much time that must have taken for you.

Five minutes. Heh.

There were a few changes to the Rules and some of the code for posting "ebay".

Re: Trading
Trading should go in the Marketplace forum too. I'll be making more changes to the rules and options to reflect this.

The Marketplace was not my idea ... it had been mentioned many times but I had always decided against it because I didn't feel there was enough traffic to justify it. Most recently Tiki Toa brought it up, and this time it got an overwhemling response.

Hanford

T

[ Edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 07:06 ]

N

Hanford, thanks I think the new forum was the right choice. It seems easier now to go thru the collecting forum.

I agree - just what the site needed. I hope it serves its purpose well and does not get abused! I'm sur eit will lessen the sweel on the collecting area....

agreed. Good choice, things are easier to find now.

On 2004-10-26 20:43, hanford_lemoore wrote:
The new forum is the only place to post for-sale items,

Sort of like a "classified section" of the news paper??

On 2004-10-26 21:58, freddiefreelance wrote:
I think you're a hardworking & deeply caring individual, that Mary Feldman was a genius,

Marty Feldman?? (Starwood. 1981. Circle Jerks show.) (me, pre grey and pre goatee!)

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Do'in it to you in the ear hole! I want my Funk, funked up!! Dig?

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2004-10-28 22:12 ]

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2004-10-29 22:52 ]

This is a good idea. it'll make trading fun!

CA

is it uncool or unnecessary to move stuff or copy it from collecting over to selling?

S
SES posted on Fri, Oct 29, 2004 5:02 PM

Love this! This would be a good place for people to post their ebay seller names too. Might also be a good idea to weed out the obsolete auctions later when they are through. Do you want us to U-Mod the Collecting Forum sale posts over?

thanks!
:)

On 2004-10-28 22:10, RevBambooBen wrote:

I think you're a hardworking & deeply caring individual, that Mary Feldman was a genius,

Marty Feldman?? (Starwood. 1981. Circle Jerks show.) (me, pre grey and pre goatee!)

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

R-B-Ben,

I love this Marti Feldman pic, and I love the Circle Jerks! That's historic as F---! I was probably failing my Weekly Reader quiz in 5th grade Social Studies when this photo was taken!
-FB

[ Edited by: FreakBear on 2004-10-29 17:54 ]

On 2004-10-29 17:52, FreakBear wrote:

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

R-B-Ben,

I love this Marti Feldman pic, and I love the Circle Jerks! That's historic as F---! I was probably failing my Weekly Reader quiz in 5th grade Social Studies when this photo was taken!
-FB

[ Edited by: FreakBear on 2004-10-29 17:54 ]

Hey Freak!

Here's the inside that night! The Starwood was a bitchen place to see a gig! A bunch of rooms and Rodney spinning in one too! Every Wed. Thurs. !! Where's Waldo aka Bamboo Ben's Youth, in the crowd?? Anyone, anyone?

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2004-10-29 22:54 ]

Sorry Hamford,

If I knew how to move this over to the Punk Rock Post on Beyond Tiki, I would. But, it is kinda Punk Rock that you opened up a new forum. Peace, Love and Anchor Steam!!!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2004-10-29 22:52 ]

Ben, I want that image on a T-Shirt! Aaarrrr!

I don't want my funk stepped on!

B

I see Ben Hiding left of center in front wearing light colored jacket and his turtle neck. Who could miss a mug like that?

What you need to do is read the Marty Feldman biography at the official site, then the quotes and then flash back to this site and see if you fall over into seizures. That was a bad color change. The new marketplace is great, and the fact that you met Marty Feldman is awesome and have that picture is so killer!

Pages: 1 24 replies