Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The Power of Tiki!

Pages: 1 1 replies

I was wondering if anyone besides myself has noticed that constant application of Tiki-Consciousness in the workplace has an effect? I am an extreme advocate, and have been known to show up for formal customer meetings wearing bright Aloha Shirts under my jacket, and I tend to drag everyone from my company straight to the Mai-Kai when they're here in town.

A few months back, I was accused of turning a relatively mild mannered Project Manager, who always ordered iced tea when she was out with family and friends, into a Mai-Tai guzzling party animal ... so I have that sort of effect on people.

Now, the influence seems to be catching on, as one of the presenters at a major customer conference threw in this slide as a closer for his presentation during the event. The guy in the picture is the founder of Siemens, Werner von Siemens in a manufactured cut and paste image. If you know the Old-World, stodgy, straight-laced image of Siemens, this is an absolutely hilarious concept. Thank the gods I seem to be getting through to them!

Long live the Power of Tiki!
Cheers!

I too find that tiki is a very easy "sell" on one's workmates and associates. I wish all the things I had to "sell" (in one way or another) was as easy as tiki.

Pages: 1 1 replies