Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Von Franco Tiki Mug...and his car.

Pages: 1 24 replies

There is a cool mug for sale at this site:

http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/index-hwssalehwc.asp?sku=H1713&sessionID={806337B0-9967-4E16-80F9-397FC76DA2B3}&newurl=

I have no vested interest, just mug chat.

The mug is made by our very own Smog Breather, which is the coolest, and the car is a replica of Von Franco's own set of wheels.

You have to register with the site, but it's free.

[ Edited by: Geeky Tiki on 2004-10-27 10:18 ]

I just put in my order for one of these kool mugs, but I have to wait til Dec 31.

I was just going to post about this. Congrats to my bro-in-law Von Franco for this cool piece.

Man, I have been waiting a long time to see this happen. I'm so happy that I got one this morning.

There is only 6500 made, and they went onsale yesterday to the exclusive HotWheelsclub people first. Today they went onsale to the general public. I heard the majority of them were sold out yesterday, and thats just to Hot Wheels collectors, can you imagine how fast they would have sold out if they were marketed to Tiki people and hot rod people?

If you want one, better sign up and get it now, because they are almost sold out.

I have been watching this product develop over the last few months and it is so cool. Francos artwork on the inside of the box is killer. I also like it because its actually a replica of his car you get. Not just some made up car hot wheels thinks is cool.

The mug is amazing. There is nothing else like it out there.

Now I just gotta wait until Dec 31st for it.

There are a few on Ebay already, some for decent prices, but once again marketed towards hot wheels collectors. Tiki or Von Franco aren't in the auction title, so search under FrankenTiki.

Erich

[ Edited by: ErichTroudt on 2004-10-27 11:38 ]

I just bought one as well. Too bad we have to wait so long.

E
exny1 posted on Wed, Oct 27, 2004 1:12 PM

Hi all, I am sorry about the delay, this was a very huge item to pull off, Holden was unbelievable and really did the impossible.

we had to coordinate the box, with the shipping of the cars, with the shipping of the mugs, the good news is that it might ship sooner, just not sure by how much.

The mug is large, one of the largest and most detailed, again....kudos to Franco and Holden, great job!

Amy

B

[ Edited by: BaronV 2005-07-19 17:19 ]

Alooooha!

Here is the official announcement from Holden to all of our customers that are on our Tiki Farm Mailing List:

[XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy 2005-11-29 00:34 ]

Hot Wheels is now letting you order more than one! I ordered one to open for the old tiki shelf and one to leave sealed.

N

I had my fiance order one too so I could leave it in that cool package. I didnt know you could order 2.

Freakin Franco Franken-Tiki Fansatsico!!!

Lord God of Poly Pop Mr. H., keep on pimpin' !!! Sweeeeet!!

N

just checkin to see if there is any updates for this set.

Well, nothing really to tell too much.
The rumor around the campfire is the shipping could happen sooner than Dec 31st, but thats just a rumor.

The coolest part is I got to see and hold one of the sets. Its awesome. The whole thing was alot bigger than I had thought is was going to be. I plan on ordering another, and I have to hurry, because the other rumor I heard was they a lot..and I mean a whole lot the first two days.)

Franco said he'll have a set at the Moon Eyes show this weekend for people to look at.

S
sinner posted on Wed, Dec 8, 2004 3:44 PM

Are these sold out? If not, whats the price on them?

M

On 2004-12-08 15:44, sinner wrote:
Are these sold out? If not, whats the price on them?

Sinner,

They're still available and the price is $29.99.

S
sinner posted on Wed, Dec 8, 2004 3:51 PM

Sweet! Thanks Machtiki. I just get so much spam already that I didnt want to risk registering for that site if they were gone.

M

Sinner,

I have only received one e-mail from them since I signed up and it's super easy to take your name off the list as well.

I see that I was charged by Hot Wheels today. Frankentiki must be on the way. Yea!

HT

Hey, I got two charges today myself!

Yuh since I saw this thread I decided to check myself..Sure enough charged on the 24th. So I decided to log back in on the hot wheels site. Once you are charged they have tracking numbers available. Mine are due to arrive on da 30th. Check it out!

K

Just got mine! Awesome mug, car and packaging!

Kanaka

N

I got mine today, and it is one bad ass mug and car. My swizzle came broken in half though. That is a total bummer.

I got mine today too.

It is awesome. I'm very happy for my bro-in-law Franco and all the sucess he has had on this project. This piece is so cool and so affordable.

Congrats Bro!

Erich

M

The Mug is tight. Not a big fan of all that fluffy packaging, but at the price didn't feel bad about admiring the art, and then hucking it.

N

I tried to get a new swizzle stick for the frankentiki and no luck. I talked to customer service ,which this was a task in itself, and they tell me no exchange only refunds. She said I can keep it the way it is or send it back. Bastards! So, I figure alright fine take this back and stick it. I have one more anyways.

Z
Zeta posted on Thu, Jan 21, 2010 9:01 PM

Should I buy one in the box new for $40 Dollars? Anyone interested in it? We could make a trade.

Pages: 1 24 replies