Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

NorCal Honeymoon...

Pages: 1 2 replies

Hiked around SF for three days last week... found Tiki Bob... what a sketchy neighborhood. The striking hotel workers are annoying... everywhere you go megaphones and signs...

Made it to Trader Vic's in Emeryville... much history there. They were only open for another 45 minutes by the time we got there... only one other person in the bar at 10pm. I ordered two Zombies, I think the Aussie bartender was new 'cause he had to consult the recipe book... Wow, $20 for two drinks... I thought Chicago prices were expensive...

I purchased the LAST Trader Vic's Hinky Dinks 70th Anniversary tiki mug by Tiki Farm... number 75 of 500 from the glass case near the entrance... it has survived the trip and is sitting in a place of honor...

Talked a bit with Claudette Lum, the Maitre D' she knows A.J. at the Chicago Vic's... she wrote me out a VIP Card and said if I ever get back to SF or Emeryville I'll get top billing...

In other news, I surfed a head high swell and the session of my life... alone with a pod of dolphins at Marina State Beach...

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-10-27 11:16 ]

T

On 2004-10-27 11:15, Lake Surfer wrote:
Talked a bit with Claudette Lum, the Maitre D' she knows A.J. at the Chicago Vic's... she wrote me out a VIP Card and said if I ever get back to SF or Emeryville I'll get top billing...
[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-10-27 11:16 ]

Claudette's a dear person. She has always welcomed the tiki crowd with open arms.

Glad to hear you had a good honeymoon in our area despite the strike.

On the hotel strike front: Today the mayor joined the strikers because the hotels rejected his request for a 90-day cooling-off period. I guess the Tonga Room will remain closed for now.

[i]On 2004-10-27 12:10, thejab wrote:

On the hotel strike front: Today the mayor joined the strikers because the hotels rejected his request for a 90-day cooling-off period. I guess the Tonga Room will remain closed for now.

Horrible news! I want to go there when I'm in SF after Thanksgiving.

Atleast Trader Vics will be open.

Pages: 1 2 replies