Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New Member Sebastian, Fl.

Pages: 1 9 replies

Howdy from huricane blown Sebastian, Fl. I have always been fascinated with Tiki lore and the Polynesian culture I have been able to acquire about 20 palm logs of varying(sp)lengths (2' to 5'). I'd love to learn how to carve these into Tiki's. I'd be willing to exchange these logs for lessons along with beer, wine, or whiskey. I have some tools but I'm a bit apprehensive to start on my own without any guidance. My email addy is Take care and be safe.

This is 24/7 Polynesian radio site from Hawaii. Aloha/Mabuhay http://www.hawaiianrainbow.com/Hawaiian_Music/index.html

Glen L.

M

Welcome!!
One of the stars of this years Hukilau in Ft Lauderdale (the weekend of hurricane Jeanne)was Billy Mure who lives and performs in Sebastian. Maybe Tiki Kiliki can post more info.

Have a nice Tiki Day!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley on 2004-10-27 19:04 ]

Thanks for such a speedy reply. I'll look him up in the phone book. Take care and be safe.

Glen L.

B

Welcome Bulgator, come on in and stay awhile.
I'm in Port Saint Lucie just down the road and might be persueded to give a lesson or 2. E-mail me if you like.
[email protected]

Welcome bullgator.

Benzart's your man, master carver! If you can get some hinters or leasons from him don't pass it up.

I'm in Cocoa. TC members are starting to cover the east coast of Florida.

Stick around.

I'll do just that. Goin up to watch The Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party on Saturday. Good to meet ya'll and I'll definately take ya up on yer offer. What frothy beverage or libation do ya'll enjoy?

Glen L.

On 2004-10-28 07:04, FLOUNDERart wrote:
TC members are starting to cover the east coast of Florida.

is this part of florida's anti-erosion measures? :wink:

On 2004-10-28 13:34, Bullgator wrote:
I'll do just that. Goin up to watch The Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party on Saturday. Good to meet ya'll and I'll definately take ya up on yer offer. What frothy beverage or libation do ya'll enjoy?

Glen L.

I'll drink pretty much anything I can get my hands on. As far as tiki drinks go though I'm a Zombie drinker.
It took me three months and many brain cells to come up with a homemade Zombie that pleases me. I tried every recipe I could find but none compared to the Mai Kai's Zombie. I finally accidently made one that taste pretty close.
Now that my only goal in life is complete I'm not sure what to do.

B

Come on down and start your lessons

I can't offer any lessons - but I will share some band aids for a fellow newbie.

Pages: 1 9 replies