Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

funny politacal slogans

Pages: 1 11 replies

I must say, as trite as I find politicians one thing I love doing is steeling signs of people running for office with odd names and slogans.

Does anyone else do this?
Do any of you have now or remember any curious names or slogans for people running for office.

I remember one from the '70s that said "I dig Graves"
I also have a "Boozer" and a "Belcher" which look great together. I hope some day to add a Mr. Fister For Congress, or some such.

my father told me about a Goldwater sign or button:

Au H2O

pretty sweet

Dangergirl, That's great...too bad there isn't some rule that if you didn't "get it", you couldn't vote.

DZ

There are campaign posters all over Las Vegas for a guy named Bruce Woodbury, running for County Commissioner. I keep meaning to "get" one every time I'm there, but have yet to do so.

Now if I could just remember who I was getting it for...

Hmmm... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

OH! YOU MUST!

8T

A few years back there was a woman running for the city council here whose last name was coe.
She chose to use "COE IS IT" with a red & white color scheme for her signs.
Not that it was a funny slogan but since she didn't pay for or receive permission from the COCA-COLA company for "borrowing" their slogan or familiar soda can art stylings, she was forced to remove the signs.
The funny part??
I did hear of a few signs having an extra "sh" added to them before they were recalled though which made them read: COE IS SH%&*

M

On 2004-10-27 21:06, Doctor Z wrote:
There are campaign posters all over Las Vegas for a guy named Bruce Woodbury, running for County Commissioner. I keep meaning to "get" one every time I'm there, but have yet to do so.

Now if I could just remember who I was getting it for...

Hmmm... :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

i wanna , i wanna!!

H

I drive by a Smiley St. between work and Tiki-Ti, too....

Locally (at some point in time), I seem to remember a "Mike Hunt" running for office!
-FB

A few years ago in San Diego, there were signs for Dick Rider.

The next election, he ran as Richard Rider.

T

And here I thought my local alderman Joe Pantalone had a funny name. (pantalons = pants in french)

Nixon made a jokey remark how "This Country can't stand-pat". I remember finding it funny as a kid that a president would make such a Dixie-Cup level joke.

Pages: 1 11 replies