Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tropical tiki gardens

Pages: 1 7 replies

G

We have an area down the back that I would like to transform with bamboo & thatch building material, along with a tiki, tropical theme.

Does anyone have pictures they could share for some ideas?

gibgib

Mosey over to the "Creating Tiki" section and perooze the past threads. There have been some amazing transformations of people's living spaces into proper tropical drinking areas...Lots of proud doityerselfers posting photos of thier fine work.

Not me, mind you, but others with various levels of skills (all superior to mine)

Hope this helps.

[ Edited by: Gigantalope on 2004-10-28 08:15 ]

I'll use this opportunity for some shameless self promotion.

http://www.geocities.com/erichtroudt/

Some of these pics need to be updated. I have added a few more tikis and my bannana trees have gotten huge.

Hope this helps you with some ideas.

Erich

G

No fault of the forum but it is difficult to search a specific thing with the tiki subjects.
Lots of results when keywords are "garden tiki tropical". With a car forum for eg. you can search make & model to narrow it down :)

Erich, that scary tiki at the back is great!
I will try to emulate that look for 2 "guarding" tikis.
Your hut is hideous! (is that a tiki word for unreal/ spectacular did I read somewhere.. :) )

Thanks for the links. Keep 'em coming :)

Eric-

Awesome job on the tiki hut. I really wish I could build my own tropical tiki enclosure like a lot of the people in TC. But I live on a piece of property that is pretty wide open and wild (no fences, etc) in the southwestern corner of O'ahu. I have plenty of space but I'm afraid if I built it, the wild pigs and centipedes would all call it home and I'd never get to use it!

TTK

Well....honestly, I can't really feel too sorry for you...cause you're in HAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!. lol

Seriously though, I know I built my hut and made my yard all tropical because I loved Hawaii, Tahiti and Moorea so much. I'm just trying to capture what you get to be a part of everyday.

Build a hut anyway. The centipedes and boars will add a element of realism that can't be matched here in the states.

Erich

L

On 2004-10-29 12:47, TheTikiKing wrote:
...I really wish I could build my own tropical tiki enclosure like a lot of the people in TC. But I live on a piece of property that is pretty wide open and wild (no fences, etc) in the southwestern corner of O'ahu. I have plenty of space but I'm afraid if I built it, the wild pigs and centipedes would all call it home and I'd never get to use it!

TTK

eh bruddah...
you could build an open air longhouse like they make for maori canoes, da kine with no wall, just carved posts supporting a dramatic diagonal a frame thatched roof. Of course, the vertical posts would be carved tikis!

Pages: 1 7 replies