Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

attn;tikbars &big bro

Pages: 1 11 replies

i will be seeing the guy i bought all my KON TIKI cleveland stuff from on SAT.10/30. (another shopping spree)are there any Q's you would like me to ask,or pics to take?let me know TD

you might want to email these fellows to make sure you all get in touch. pm me if you don't have those addresses. aloha ~ j$

Thanks for the heads up. I dunno, maybe (if he knows) when the place opened, and when it closed? And when and how HE got the stuff?

allready know those answers,closed in 1976,and dumpster diving during it's demo.it was a KON TIKI (STEPHEN CRANE)SHERATON cleveland.

T

David

About the only question I have for him (after seeing the pix you showed me earlier this year) is HOW MUCH?
:)

On another note... I discovered a matchbook yesterday from the Polynesian Village in the Hotel Cleveland. If this hotel is even still standing, it has long since changed names.

Any idea where this hotel was?

Give me more info on the match book cover (address)or post a pic ,and i'll try to check it out TD. PS you gotta make it to aleast one of the parties next summer TD

TIKIBARS,another qestion,is there a road trip up date? I will be driving to so.fla.the last 2 weeks of feb.need a TC trip ticket sort of speak.I-75?,I-95?,east coast of fla.? or west coast of fla?targets to shoot for along the way(must see locations,or people to meet)going all the way to KEY WEST .shopping all the way to key west ,kill some brain cells,turn around pick up things all the way back. TD

saw the guy yesterday ,scored alot of new stuff.including the paddle for the outrigger canoe,some of the hanging lights,more carved panels.and a box of menus. and the best....under a pile of old chairs (from the KON TIKI) the 2 bar stools for the Witco bar..to Bigbro,ther was a auction he did buy it all,said he had 3days to remove.he said he had to leave alot(DAMN)showed him your book,he loved it ,gonna get him a copy.you still want to talk to him?

TD

If you scope out thee Tiki Bar Review Pages section of my web site, there are updates and changes to TRT marked on the site.

As for the Florida run, I just posted a travelogue on the Road Trips and Travels section of my site from my Hukilau trip in September that details a few places to stop along that route.

Anyway - let me know when your backyard paradise re-opens in the spring - I'll be there for sure.

So... how many of those extra menus do ya have?
:)

Tikibars ,did you ever do any thing with those two pieces i gave you? TD

D

tikiDavid,did you say a BOX of menus? I know that there would be many here interested in one of those,myself included.Any thoughts of distributing the wealth? Payment for one,of course.

On 2004-11-16 08:05, TIKI DAVID wrote:
Tikibars ,did you ever do any thing with those two pieces i gave you? TD

Proudly displayed on the wall of the Aku Hall.

Mahalos once again for the hook up on those.

Can you post pics of the new stuff you scored?

We always need a good drool-fest around here...

Pages: 1 11 replies