Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Octane's Mugs

Pages: 1 11 replies

O

Hi i have a couple of mug designs that i'm currently working on and looking to get made in the near future, and i wanted to get some feedback if TCer's think these are good ideas and something you would be interested in.

thank you

the mugs sculpts are in wax right now.

the first is my tiki torch mug, the colors would be bamboo color for the base, black for the canister and white for the wick.

close up of the top, the wick area is hollow so it can really be a torch with some 151

the base

not sure if i would make it three peceice with the lid, canister, and the base or make it 2 peices combining the base and canister.

this second one is of a tiki i carved a little while ago.

Nice!

T

On 2004-10-28 18:11, Octane wrote:
....something you would be interested in.

Where is the list for this one? Put me on it. Very nice Octane!

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:28 ]

count me in

Nice mugs, now where do I send my money?

Way to go Octane. I really like the tiki mug.
The torch is cool but it looks like it would have a high breakability rating. Especially if it was three piece deal.
Keep us posted on the progress.

Chongolio

The Tiki looks very kool and the torch is very unique. I'm in for one each!

Great work as always Owen, you are the man. Let me know when you have these avalable and also when you start carving again, I would love to get more of your work.

Aaron

HT

I'll take 2 torch mugs, and one of the other. Very nice. Great idea too. Aloha!

TB

Looks great! I dont recall ever seeing a Maori style mug before. Look forward to seeing it in ceramic!

tbird.

O

thanks everyone for comments.

Congolio, i think your right the torch in three peice would be very breakable. i might have to do some redesigning like making the slats at the base bigger, so instead of alot of slat maybe only 4 of them, making them wider and stronger.

these are just kind of rough draft sculpts, i think i might do a little more designing and tinkering. i show any changes i come up with and let people know when they actually start getting made.

thanks again

Pages: 1 11 replies