Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Monster Tiki Masks at Tiki Cargo

Pages: 1 7 replies

K

We've redesigned our website and have launched a new line of products at Tiki Cargo. The latest creations are four new Monster Wall Masks sculpted by the Mad Dr. D. More new items are coming soon, so stop on by and check it out!

Hipahipa,
-Kauno

Monster Tikis

Woah! Too cool!!!

T

Very cool masks! Too bad they're not really tiki.

K

Thanks, I'm glad you like them. But why aren't they exactly tiki? Sure, they may be monster related, but they're done in that polynesian wall mask style. When we sculpted them we made sure to stay as close as possible to that Oceanic feel by mimicking the primitive art style.

My take on them is, they depict monsters done in a polynesian style. So they are polynesian-style monster masks. If they were tiki gods done in a monster style, along the lines of Drew Brophy or The Pizz, then I would consider them tiki. Just my two bananas worth.

I really dig the website, great job on it! I've been redesigning mine and was going with a travel type trader hut look with maps, pretty close to yours. Nice work!

I think those Eskimo Monster wall masks are pretty darn cool.
I looked it up in the dicktionary of perfection and that is what "THEY" said those masks should be called.

Keep on carving

K
kauno posted on Sun, Oct 31, 2004 9:45 AM

Thanks tiki dudes. Eskimo Monsters, that's pretty good! We had a lot of fun putting the site together. Nice carvings tikitony, groovin drawing style too! Good luck with your website, I'll keep an eye out for the redesign.

Pages: 1 7 replies