Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: carved tiki table by keigs witco style

Pages: 1 11 replies

K

Hello all its been a while since I posted something new so here is a table I carved a while ago. It is a nice little end table/ lamp table / table table what ever kind of table it is. If you get board of it you can always take the top off and enjoy the tiki. Hope you like thanks for looking. Here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3938349930&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

just my opinion,i could be wrong,but i do not thnk things should bee placed on the heads of TIKIS (plants ,lamps,drinks,ash trays,table tops)again ,just my opinion ,i could be wrong TD

I like it!

S

Keigs,
I did not get to properly thank you for the carving you did for Kiliki and I at Hukilau. Mahalo!

On 2004-10-30 09:51, TIKI DAVID wrote:
just my opinion,i could be wrong,but i do not thnk things should bee placed on the heads of TIKIS (plants ,lamps,drinks,ash trays,table tops)again ,just my opinion ,i could be wrong TD

why?

no reason to cite,it just does not seem right.thats all.i have a couple large carved tikis in my back yard bar,my wife came by and put a plant on one ,it just seemed to me to cheapen it. just my opinion ,i could be wrong TD

Tikis have been used as dual function objects for centuries, kind of like support posts in Hawaii and suspension hooks as well.
To each his own I say. I happen to love incorporating tikis and furniture. Now if it was an ancient tiki, then I would agree, but this is his creation and is meant to be as it is. I usually try to make a tiki functional. this is what I mean...

T

On 2004-10-30 09:51, TIKI DAVID wrote:

Dave, not trying to mess with man, but, it is just some cool carved wood, the same with mugs, just cool glazed pottery. We spend money to buy it but none of it lasts forever. I think the coolest room would be to have guys like Danny and Keigs make a whole room full of functional furniture that would be in use for years.

K

Thanks for the compliments and replies.
Swanky, it was Bens idea and I was honored to be involved. You and Kaliki put on an amazing event sorry the hurricane spoiled part of it.

Tiki David I dont mind negitive feedback it can be very helpful.

[ Edited by: keigs20 on 2004-10-30 22:40 ]

[ Edited by: keigs20 2007-03-04 22:28 ]

Nice work, and function and tiki is always a plus! I think any uncarved surface is a shame, and I'm sure chiki and keigs feal the same. The carvings on the table top of the ebay auction are awesome, it makes the top so much mo' bettah!

It was not meant to be negative,just shareing a thought.something that i will no longer do(in here) in the future. By the way, the bar top does not rest on the heads of the tikis ,it's about 1 in. above.

David, keep posting those opinions. Just because we have differnt view , doesn't mean we all can't get along. I think you just got a carver's feedback but I am sure there are others that agree with you.

Pages: 1 11 replies