Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

"Idol Hands" New painting by Heather Watts page2

Pages: 1 31 replies

Monday November 1 - my site seems to be down tonight (and hence my photos). Please check back later.

Happy Halloween folks! Here's my latest painting, "The Disenchanted Tiki Room" (11" x 14" acrylic on panel)

Details from the painting:

It'll be up for sale at M Modern Gallery's Halloween show opening tomorrow night. Prints are signed, limited edition of 100. $25 each (TheArtDeck.com)OR email me for $10 off when you buy before November 8th,

Anyway, special thanks again to the TikiMaxtons for the title/idea. Happy Halloween everybody and keep spreading the tiki!

See more at TheArtDeck.com(dont forget the "the")

[ Edited by: Travellin' Tiki on 2005-01-25 22:25 ]

K
Kono posted on Fri, Oct 29, 2004 7:35 PM

I love it. Sent email!

Travellin' Tiki,

You've got a keen sense of lighting. I very much admire the moodiness that results in your paintings. Great work!

-Slacks

Oh Dear Heather, will you be my Jane and swing with me naked through the trees. Uhhh, just kidding of course.
Your paintings are mysterious, sexy, otherworldly. I love it.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader on 2004-10-30 13:58 ]

Oh Dear Heather, will you be my Jane and swing with me naked through the trees. Uhhh, just kidding of course.
Your paintings are mysterious, sexy, otherworldly. I love it.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader on 2004-10-30 13:58 ]

That was the edited version?

:) :) :)

[ Edited by: Travellin' Tiki on 2004-10-30 15:02 ]

uhh, yeah, that's the edited version. ahem.

BTW, where's the Tarzan like guy (Jungle Trader) who's supposed to be rescuing the lady in distress from the man-eating plant? Can you do another version with him swinging from the background into the scene? Can it be me?

T

WOW Heather that is AWESOME looking! Great title btw! Alot of elements going on in that room.

Very cool work as always, Heather. Great style too!

http://www.samgambino.com

Jungle Trader Wrote:

BTW, where's the Tarzan like guy (Jungle Trader) who's supposed to be rescuing the lady in distress from the man-eating plant? Can you do another version with him swinging from the background into the scene? Can it be me?.

I could draw you in with a sharpie. :wink: :wink: :wink:

See more at TheArtDeck.com(dont forget the "the")

Check out my ebay auctions!

[ Edited by: Travellin' Tiki on 2004-11-01 19:33 ]

M

For all we know- this could be what Disneyland is doing with the Tiki Room remodel right now!!!!

Eek!

Here's my latest--a hula girl for the Roq la Rue pinup show. Thanks to Tiki Diablo for the name, which I borrowed from one of his shirts which I have. :)

It's called "Come and get your Lei" :)

The show opens Saturday, November 13 in Seattle. All the info & all the other art (some very cool stuff) can be found at

www.roqlarue.com

TheArtDeck.com(dont forget the "the")

[ Edited by: Travellin' Tiki on 2004-11-13 15:51 ]

[ Edited by: Travellin' Tiki on 2004-11-13 15:52 ]

Holy Moly

DZ

Yowza!!

MG

Do you think she'd give Mean Gene a lei?

Nice work, thanks for posting it!

Have yourself a tiki little Christmas Everyone!

"Rudolf the Red-Nosed Tiki"

Christmas Cards available online at
TheArtDeck.com (Guarenteed to arrive in time for Christmas when you order by midnight, Sunday December 14.)

[ Edited by: Travellin' Tiki on 2004-12-07 20:18 ]

B

Thanks Travellin' tiki, and you too. This is a special card, thanks for sharing and the thoughtfulness. You Can do some Sane stuff after all

S

Thanks Heather, same to you too. Your website is looking really great. I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
I love your work!
Seamus

Brings to mind Hot Apple Cider and :music: "chestnuts roasting on an open fire" :music: ....and that's a good thing.

AHA! You just added the Flying Fez Monkeys didn't you? Either that or I've gone mad.

CK

What cool work! I sent the link to my girlfriend, I'm going to cross my fingers for a swank stocking stuffer come christmas morning!

I love the mood your paintings set off in my head. I could stare at them all day....I think I will....ahhh sweet tikis....mother,father.....secret lover.....

Benzart -

You Can do some Sane stuff after all

Don't worry. It won't happen again. :)

Seamus - Thanks man! I love your stuff too. Don't know if I told you but you're linked on my site now. :)

JT - Yes, you are crazy. This confirms it. :)

CKC - You crack me up. Don't be stingy on the hints with your girlfriend... :)

ps. your reactions have given me the idea of trying to make a free e-card out of this image that people can customize & send from my website. I have no idea what I'm doing, so don't hold your breath, but I'll keep y'all posted on it.

Mele Kalikimaka!

TT,

That would be so nice of you! Let us know if you can.

Mahalo

Well, e-cards would have been fun, but I'm afraid a nice case of the pre-christmas flu stopped that idea in its tracks. Maybe I'll get some together for Valentines day... I do have that racy little hula girl from "Come & get your lei" available on cards now....

Anyway, it's been a while! Things are going good though & I just signed up to vend at Oasis (which I can't WAIT for!!!) so hopefully I'll see some of you there. Until then though, here's my newest tiki pic for your viewing pleasure. It's an illustration for that rockin' little book tikilee's putting together. Many thanks to Satan's Sin for the FANTASTIC story. Prints are available here

"Idol Hands"
5 1/2" x 8 1/2" Acrylic on cardboard

TheArtDeck.com(dont forget the "the")

[ Edited by: Travellin' Tiki on 2005-01-25 22:20 ]

hmmmmm, time for me to rescue another dame in distress?

Very nice work and a catchy title too. How's the tiki scene in Vancouver? When I was there about two years ago there was nothing to be seen

The tiki scene in Vancouver is finally getting off the ground! All last year I thought it was well, just me pretty much. But there's a tiki bar in North Vancouver now (which happens to be 4 blocks from my house) and we also have a real life retro / tiki decor store which opened this july funhauser.com! There's a one night only gallery that puts on an annual tiki art show as well & I know there are a few carvers working out of Surrey who I just haven't had a chance to meet in person yet. The guys at Funhauser (Peter & Alan) are fantastic & totally into getting things going with tiki in Vancouver. We will probably even have some sort of 'event' within the next few years & I'm planning to eventually add a 'local' section to my website to keep track of all the tiki stuff around town.

I LOVE your artwork. That's amazing that you get shown at the M Modern. I dream of someday having a show, even being in a group show, at La Lauz De Jesus, M Modern, Roq or any other gallery. I love your lighting. My website isn't up yet for a week or so but I've tried posting my Yma Sumac portrait here for you. I would love your feedback!
-Josh

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5dc31b3127cce907c2bcbe20300000016109QcNGbFw4s[img]

I LOVE your artwork. That's amazing that you get shown at the M Modern. I dream of someday having a show, even being in a group show, at La Lauz De Jesus, M Modern, Roq or any other gallery. I love your lighting. My website isn't up yet for a week or so but I've tried posting my Yma Sumac portrait here for you. I would love your feedback!
-Josh

TB

Looking forward to getting more of your art at Oasis V!

TBird.

[ Edited by: Tiki Bird on 2005-02-11 08:41 ]

Damn that looks good! Nobody does lighting effects better than you. I love the way your art fills the entire piece, like the zoom on the camera lens is turned way up.

Very, very cool. :)

I love this piece, Heather. I especially like how all of the tikis look sinister except for the guy on the lower right who seems to be enjoying himself.

Pages: 1 31 replies