Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: ebay: original Elviki art

Pages: 1 6 replies

hey tiki-heads! this is Cindy Crowell, creator of Elviki. in conjunction with the 10th anniversary re-issue of the resin figure, I have posted some of my early original Elviki concept art on ebay. there are currently 9 separate auctions, beginning with item #3938367103. or you can search on Elviki or my username, peggysuicide. they will end on 11/08. thanks for looking!

T

http://stores.ebay.com/Fujiyama-Mamas-East-West-Vintage_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm
Here is a easy link for anyone to get to Cindy's store and see the great stuff that Cindy has up for auction.

Cindy for future reference do you do any commisioned artwork?

Kelly

Hey Cindy!

I'm going to be in Austin next weekend for the Raul's/Club Foot reunion show - you gonna be there too? I'd also love to see your stuff for sale, if you have a real store (vs. just eBay store, that is).

I already have one of your Elvikis; Patrick Boyce up and gave me his when he saw me so openly covet it. What a sweetheart! He made me promise to always give credit to you, the creator, whenever I showed it to anyone. And I have been faithful. :)

alice b

I am always up for a commission; these days I prefer the medium of stained glass (see my posts under creating tiki a while back), but I can also do anything from rough sketches to inked & hand-colored finished pieces. I have a few older non-Elviki drawings; if anyone is interested I can post them on ebay. thanks!

I ordered one can't wait for it to arrive. The only question... Is there any plans to convert this into a bonified drinking vessel?
Thank you, thank you very much.

T

On 2004-10-30 11:35, Mike the Headhunter wrote:
Is there any plans to convert this into a bonified drinking vessel?
Thank you, thank you very much.

Mike I actually called Holden on behalf of Cindy some time ago after getting the chance to talk to her, my hope was to see what could be done to get it made. If I recall the issue may have been with being called Elviki and concerns of the Elvis estate not being so cool about it. But I wonder if we called him "wink wink"...."RAB Tiki" would they object? I think it would be a one sweet mug, and I would hope that the RAB crowd would also be interested in it. What does everyone else think?

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-10-30 13:34 ]

Tiki-Toa, I am pretty sure he'd be a go'er. Nudge nudge. Or call it something easy like the Tik-E, Cindy Crowell special addition tiki, or maybe the Pompador king with or with out tiki at the end. Time for another martini and some daydreaming of that mug protecting my tasty beverage.
Additional note, since the elviki is being produced now and is trademarked, I don't see why it cannot be produced by the owners of the trademark, but then again law is not my forte...silly words are.

[ Edited by: Mike the Headhunter on 2004-11-02 09:23 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies