Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

New Sign - 1st Attempt

Pages: 1 6 replies

TM

Made this sign today for a show I'm doing in Redondo Beach, CA on Nov. 13. I think it came out pretty ok (?). It's 31" x 16". I made the BarTiki lettering out of an old bar top (1/2" ply w/ Bamboo Grain Formica).

Tiki Mugs, Vintage, Tiki Bars, Carved Tiki Poles, Apparel and more!
Everything Tiki at: http://www.bartiki.com

[ Edited by: Tiki Matt on 2004-10-30 18:42 ]

Lookin'good Matt, a nice addition to your products. I think they would sell well personalized for home bars.

T

On 2004-10-30 20:47, The Ragin' Rarotongan wrote:
Lookin'good Matt, a nice addition to your products. I think they would sell well personalized for home bars.

Ditto what RR said.

Hey Tiki matt
great looking sign and bars. I saw your wares at long beach fest.
I want to re-do a bar top of my own. where do I find this formica? do you glue it on or iron it on? thanks

[ Edited by: Tiki Rider on 2004-10-31 08:52 ]

On 2004-10-31 08:52, Tiki Rider wrote:
Hey Tiki matt
great looking sign and bars. I saw your wares at long beach fest.
I want to re-do a bar top of my own. where do I find this formica? do you glue it on or iron it on? thanks

[ Edited by: Tiki Rider on 2004-10-31 08:52 ]

Tiki Rider, You pose an interesting and hard to answer question. Though I do not question the integrity of anyone here on Tiki Central, as a rule I do not give out supplier information to people. You know, trade secrets and all that. If you had asked if I could re-do your bar top, I'd give you a helluva price. If you'd like to discuss this option, PM me.
Thanks, Matt

TR

tiki Matt
You got to be kidding. trade secrets? integrity of members? sorry to bother you, was not trying to find your secret suppliers or techniques. Just wondering where a fellow tiki central member could buy the super secret material called formica laminate and how its generally applied.
hmmm...Maybe I'll try the area 51 website or walmart opps cant go there...maybe home depot.
P.s. you still do nice work.

TM

On 2004-11-01 14:55, Tiki Rider wrote:
tiki Matt
You got to be kidding. trade secrets? integrity of members? sorry to bother you, was not trying to find your secret suppliers or techniques. Just wondering where a fellow tiki central member could buy the super secret material called formica laminate and how its generally applied.

hmmm...Maybe I'll try the area 51 website or walmart opps cant go there...maybe home depot.
P.s. you still do nice work.

Oh come on now.....Don't go to the Depot or Lowes, they'll charge you an arm and a leg. I assume you're local. I'll PM you my phone #, give me a call and I'll give you all the trade secrets you desire....seriously.

Pages: 1 6 replies