Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

1950's Pictures from the Kon-Tiki.

Pages: 1 13 replies

K
Kanaka posted on Tue, Nov 2, 2004 6:13 AM

Rita looks hammered! Tiki Puka Puka strikes again!

Scotty

H

great find Fil.

H

These pictures were posted on TC a few months ago. It's the Kon-Tiki in Montreal.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9472&forum=1

TM

Interesting....The S&P shakers look like they're from the "Luau" and I have the Condiment Dish in my collection, also from the "Luau"

H

Steve Crane owned the Luau, the chain of Kon-Tiki restaurants in Sheraton hotels (the Kon-Tiki in Tuscon and a number of other independed Kon-Tikis are unrelated), and Ports o' Call restaurants. The same or similar ceramicware was used in all/most of them.

filslash and Tiki Matt get detention in Tiki school because they didn't study their BOT well enough:

That Kon -Tiki entrance is actually the most represented entrance in the book, with a photo and the blueprint on page 61, and the rendering on page 96 and another photo on page 102. And also within those very pages, the Luau/Kon-Tiki connection is clearly documented.

T

Sven, doesn't it just piss you off when you discover that people have failed to completely memorize our books? :)

[ Edited by: tikibars on 2004-11-02 15:34 ]

Naw, but I sometimes can't control my anal retentiveness and have to say sumthin'...

I always say I am the worst combination of a stickler by being male, a Virgo AND German...but oh well, some of that helped bring you the BOT.

TM

On 2004-11-02 15:02, bigbrotiki wrote:
filslash and Tiki Matt get detention in Tiki school because they didn't study their BOT well enough:

That Kon -Tiki entrance is actually the most represented entrance in the book, with a photo and the blueprint on page 61, and the rendering on page 96 and another photo on page 102. And also within those very pages, the Luau/Kon-Tiki connection is clearly documented.

Ok Sven, I apologize for not studying as I should....your verbal thrashing has truly inspired me to memorize the BOT (which I've had since the day it came out). If it wasn't for my German heritage, I may have taken it personally.
Dank, Matt

TM

I now see the two different versions of the coconut condiment in Tiki Quest (pg. 108). Dammit, I forgot to memorize that one, too!! Sorry guys, they always said I was never working to my potential. On a serious note: The luau condiment I have has "LUAU" in white, different than in Dukes book. It has "DESIGN BY S. CRANE" on the bottom. I've never seen this item (except in Tiki Quest), is it a bit of a rarety Duke?

Maybe I should have posted this in "Collecting".....?

I like the spoon in the Coconut Condiment jar, what kind of Tiki is that on the handle?

Man, that Challa makes me hungry...

TM

On 2004-11-03 09:46, freddiefreelance wrote:
I like the spoon in the Coconut Condiment jar, what kind of Tiki is that on the handle?

Not sure, when I get home tonite I'll take a picture and post.

Pages: 1 13 replies