Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Tonight's most intriguing question...

Pages: 1 8 replies

Yeah, yeah, President and all that, fine.

The real insiders are all abuzz about something even more interesting. Something that is the topic of office betting pools everywhere:

What color blouse will Cokie Roberts be wearing?

We used that question in an election pool in 1992, and when ABC announced they were going to Cokie, the party came to a standstill. You could have heard a pin drop (the question was worth a full five points, after all).

When Cokie appeared, there was another split second of silence, then, as one, the crowd yelled, "Yellow!?!"

That was followed by a chorus of "Who had yellow?"

I had red.

This year, I'm going with silvery grey, maybe with pearls.

So, here's your chance, show us what ya know, what color blouse will Cokie wear?

Royal blue with big white buttons.

On 2004-11-02 10:28, Geeky Tiki wrote:
What color blouse will Cokie Roberts be wearing?

I'm guessing blue, but I'll never know since I'm planning to have a TV-free evening. Does anyone want to hook up at Trader Vic's (Emeryville) tonight?

[i]On 2004-11-02 12:35, cynfulcynner wrote

a TV-free evening.

want to hook up at Trader Vic's?

Those two seemingly conflicting statements confused me at first... Until I realized "TV" can also mean "television".

I think I need to get out more.

-Z

(and Cokie? Black)

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

[ Edited by: Feelin' Zombified on 2004-11-02 12:59 ]

8T

Isn't the "cokie monster" always blue ????

Isn't Cokie Roberts that bitch that lives in the trashcan?

GT

Yup, grey with pearls.

All is right with the world.

On 2004-11-02 19:55, Geeky Tiki wrote:
Yup, grey with pearls.

ummm, well, according to my 15 year old TV, it was sage-y taupe. hhmmm. Looks like we need a re-check.

-Z

T

On 2004-11-03 06:02, Feelin' Zombified wrote:

On 2004-11-02 19:55, Geeky Tiki wrote:
Yup, grey with pearls.

ummm, well, according to my 15 year old TV, it was sage-y taupe. hhmmm. Looks like we need a re-check.

-Z

Actually I had to laugh, and I did when I checked to see where things were after we had gotten back from voting and saw Cookie, I was laughing and had to expalin to Angeluau why. It looked like a kind of brown to me.

Pages: 1 8 replies