Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Pages: 1 17 replies

T

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-11-04 08:03 ]

D

Toa,sounds delicious! We have everyone from my husband's side of the family over for Thanksgiving-about thirty people.We have Christmas brunch here for my sisters and nephew,then go to my brother in law's for Christmas dinner.All my Christmases have been really wonderful,although this year might be strange because I haven't talked to one of my sisters since April.Argument about money-imagine that!

T

On Christmas Eve, we drive to the PetSmart and buy one of the baby deers they have in the pens outside, and then we take it home. Mom straps on the antlers and a bell around it's neck, and then we let it loose in the house. Of course, it runs around like crazy, and the game is to catch it - it's harder than you think! The first person to catch the baby deer gets to open their presents first on Christmas day.

T

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-11-04 08:01 ]

TC

On 2004-11-04 07:50, tikifish wrote:
The first person to catch the baby deer gets to open their presents first on Christmas day.

NO WAY! You too? I thought my family was the only one to carry out this time honored tradition!

However, we do things a little differently in the Tiki Chris family. You not only have to be the first to catch the deer, but you have to be able to pin it down long enough to color its nose red w/ a sharpie. It's winner-takes-all w/ my family too: Whoever "makes Rudolph" gets all the presents!

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen,
Tiki Chris

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2004-11-04 08:00 ]

It's a tough time for me, as most of the generation older then me have just died. and my siblings and theirs are in wierd places in thier lives, and hate each other.

My wife's family is the kind that gives you a list and expects what's on it for christmas. I don't mind them, but I don't think we like each other's company.

In past years I went to huge lenths to make wierd christmas cards...I once ran thru a Church in a Devil's Costume, and a friend snapped a quik pic of it. Another year I went to a Zoo dressed as a Gorilla with a suit case. ("christmas means comming home" was the little phrase below)

When I had a restaurant, I always had Venison on special...

just find it a bit empty now...except...for our Dogs.

My favorite thing about Christmas now is having the dogs unwrap the gifts. (I think Satan's Sin does this too...anybody else?)

God, it's funny, lots of thrashing, and growling and pouncing. The only problem is if someone gets something made of the same kind of plastic as dog toys, because you'll never get it back.

[ Edited by: Gigantalope on 2004-11-04 22:04 ]

T

Hey, what happened to this thread?

T

On 2004-11-04 11:59, tikifish wrote:
Hey, what happened to this thread?

actually a better question is why tikifish and chris felt that they needed to share something that had nothing to do with this post and detract from what my intentions were of people to share their holiday plans and memories. I can see why people quit posting when some people think others threads are nothing but a stage for their bad comedy.

TC

On 2004-11-04 13:46, Tiki-Toa wrote:

... bad comedy.

bad comedy!?
how bad is it?

W

Maybe they did it for the same reason you hijacked two threads to gripe about Dave Krys. I believe more people have stopped posting because of you using threads as a stage to air your stinking laundry.

TC

before this gets out of hand ...

toa, i started reading yr post b/c, like you, i love the holidays.

one of my favorite things about the holidays is the opportunity to cut up w/ friends & family. (this is especially fun when sitting around table after a huge meal w/ my father-in-law & a bottle of port!)

tikifish's post summed up that spirit of holiday fun. it made me happy.

what you consider bad comedy, i think of as holiday cheer.

just tryin' to have fun (not at your expense).

Ding Dong! merrily on high,
Tiki Chris

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2004-11-04 15:00 ]

[Removed by Hanford]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-11-04 15:30 ]

Toa - as owner of the thread, I wouldn't have faulted you at all by saying something like, "Ha ha. But seriously folks... getting back on topic..." It usually works great and then folks know in the future that you generally prefer to keep your threads on track.

Thor/talkie - why the hate, man? We're all friends here and we all step on toes every so often.

Sabu

Toa some friendly criticism

You seem to have a very solid pattern of taking your ball and going home when folks arent playing exactly by your rules. At times you dont seem tolerant of different opinions. When anyone posts anything contrary to one of your messages you are quick to get in a huff and tell them where to go.Ive heard there are more than a few grudges caused by you here on TC. You seem more likely to take a joke the wrong way than anyone else on TC by far yet a lot of your own comments on TC seem to be jokes towards other members.

I for one am in favor of seeing you take a break from TC until you can learn to control your passive/aggressive ways. It has alienated a large group of TC users that I know who don’t want to post anymore. it has outright scared a few too. it makes you look childish.

Everyone here knows that TC is too big for everyone to get along. Toa you have to have more tolerance. Ive tried to be tolerant of you, but when I see you pull crap like this, it makes me wish you’d grow up. Im sure your a nice guy but that doesnt excuse your behavior here.

yeah Im posting under a fake name.

T

Ya know,since you and others want me gone, throw a party, you got your wish, and so be it. Tiki Toa quits TC.

Toa,

Sometimes it's a burden to carry, but I find it worthwhile to develope a thick skin.

Unasked for advice from a laid-back NYer.

T

Gosh Bong,
That was mean!

T

Pages: 1 17 replies