Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Palmer House Up for Sale ? AKA Chicago's Trader Vic's

Pages: 1 8 replies

In the yesterday's Chicago Tribune the Hilton's may sell the Palmer House Hotel. The on-line story is shorter than the hard copy. The artical stated that buyers may need to do some rehab to be up to current operating standards. The building was built in 1925. Will Trader Vic's rent go up? Maybe be even condo's in the Palmer House. What an address! Here is a link to the on-line Artical.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-0411040300nov04,1,1990.story?coll=chi-business-hed
I hope I did this Right. Sorry, You'll need to register.
Coalbe

BaMbOoLoDgE...where the South Pacific meets the Great White North!

<

[ Edited by: bamboolodge on 2004-11-04 11:19 ]

[ Edited by: BambooLodge on 2004-11-04 16:28 ]

god i hope this doesnt mean the end for trader vics in chicago, .....where would they move if the new owners jacked up their rent????........hopefully somewhere right between chef shangrila and hala kahiki.....lol!

M

"I'll buy that for a dollar!!"

T

My sources (TVics upper management) tell me there is no cause for alarm.

thank god....thanks for the news james.....

M

On 2004-11-09 14:21, hala bullhiki wrote:
thank god....thanks for the news james.....

I am sure James would say "you're welcome" if he wasn't so busy flying to Easter FRIGGIN' Island today!!!! (insert jealousy here). :)

that lucky bastard!!!!!

I've stayed at the Palmer House for a yearly tradeshow for 7 years, but it's sooo run down feeling. We moved to a new hotel the last couple years. Hopefully, someone will update it and return the glory! :D

...you´re welcome (from Easter friggin Island!)

Pages: 1 8 replies