Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

SHAG's Enchanted Tiki Room, more coming....

Pages: 1 11 replies

A

Hello,
Anybody here in the know?:
I just saw a posting on eBay for the Shag, green Tiki Room mini-print. There was only 2 before: Enchanted Evening and Tangaroa. Is this a fake? It seems that Disney is planning on continuing releasing (exploiting) Shag's artwork. After the second wave we still got more items such as that mini purse of One Enchanted Evening. And now it seems like a third mini-print was released.
What's the story?
I just recently purchased the large One Enchanted Evening print and I was planning on framing that along with the mini-print of Tangaroa (I can't afford 2 big Shags). I was then going to frame the remaining 2 pieces using the small cards, but now it seems one of those 2 got the mini-print tratment. Should I just wait to see if they release all of them as mini-prints? I thought they were done, but with Disney money talks and it seems they'll exploit this until they can.
Anybody know the status of the SHAG/Disneyland merchandise?

A
aquarj posted on Thu, Nov 4, 2004 2:39 PM

Yes, we were there this Monday, and they had mini-prints and mousepads for the green one(Waking Jose?). And incidentally, no mugs, no tiki room big figs.

The Haunted Mansion big fig is out, along with a $35 print of the attraction poster, maybe just a little bigger than the Shag tiki room mini-prints.

And finally, here's a shot peeking thru the fence around the tiki room. A security lady came up and asked if she could help me, within 15 sec of taking this. Not as bad as it sounds though - she was very friendly and answered a couple questions.

-Randy

On 2004-11-04 14:39, aquarj wrote:
The Haunted Mansion big fig is out, along with a $35 print of the attraction poster, maybe just a little bigger than the Shag tiki room mini-prints.

Is the poster available online anywhere or from Disney DelivEARS?

S

Someone MUST know what's going on. Is there going to be a big "Waking Jose" print? And how 'bout the one with the birds. I like that one. Why haven't they done that one? I want the one with the birds! What about the new mugs? Someone knows. TALK! What, When, How Many?!?!?

A

I haven't heard any news for more Shag/ Tiki Room merch. Since they released these "Walking Jose" items without much fanfare, they probably aren't planning on any more big prints. Previously they released the small prints only after releasing the big one. And as far as the Tiki Farm mugs, I think the 3 designs that have been available (not counting the 2 SHAG ones), are going to be it for a while. I heard the fourth rumored designed bowl is dead because of complications with the design.
As far as the Tiki Room attraction posters, they have been selling these for years. They have small matted ones still available and you can order many different size and paper options for a bigger poster thru their "Print on Demand" system. So now I have to go to Disneyland again to get the 2 new Waking Jose items....
I was suprised also to see that they are milking Shags designs for all they are worth. As far as I can tell, Shag hasn't designed anything new since the first 2 waves. Everything they have put out since has been simply using the existing artwork (i.e. small purse, and now these 2 Waking Jose items). You can rest asured that next year there will be plenty of new Tiki Room items as hinted by Tangaroa.
Anybody know anything more?

Your friend,
Louis

DL

I ordered my Enchanted Tiki Room attraction poster through MouseShoppe.com. They do the "print on demand" thing, too. I think my poster is 24" x 36".

[ Edited by: Deery Luau on 2004-11-04 19:12 ]

A
aquarj posted on Thu, Nov 4, 2004 7:34 PM

Woops, in my earlier post I was changing the subject and talking about the Haunted Mansion stuff like the attraction mini-poster, which they have out in a little display along with the big fig. True enough, that attraction poster along with the ETR and many others are available. Sorry for the confusion - here's part of what they have out for the Haunted Mansion.

-Randy

[ Edited by: aquarj on 2004-11-04 19:37 ]

A

I just learned more info regarding the Shag/Disney Enchanted Tiki Room items. I'm not sure how much I can say, but let's just say that there aren't any more of the large prints being made, and no more mugs. Disney's Shag license runs out at the end of 2004. You won't see any more mini-prints besides the new third one "Waking Jose." So the fourth print (with the birds) won't see any more prints. We are only left with the card size for that one. I'll ask to see what else I can divulge but don't wait for more big prints. Please notice that this information ONLY pertains to Shag/Tiki Room items.
Your friend,
Louis

Bump!
A heads up to people that either work at Disneyland, or know others who do:
The Shag Tangaroa Lithograph is currently selling at Company D for $50, marked down from $350!
That's right, 85% off! They've also got the vinyl purse with the Tangaroa design, and the small wallet/coin purse with the same design, at 75% off.

What and Where is company D? Open to the public or only Disney employees?

[ Edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 06:54 ]

T

A mile away...? It used to be right next to the former Harbor House..... Ah, how things have changed.

Thanks DCA!

Pages: 1 11 replies