Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Kahiki Moon.... the Thanks

Pages: 1 3 replies

PK

Sorry to repost what has been posted but for posterity I felt that these thanks were deserving of their own post.

Where to go from here...Maybe Seattle, San Fransisco, L.A.... Coming soon to a city near you!

Locating Tiki: Kahiki Moon with new pics from dogbytes

Aloha once again mi amigos!

It seems to be difficult now-a-days to find time to read much less respond to posts here on TC. But time has come for me to take a second to really thank those and rightly all of you for providing the goods and the inspiration for my passionate undertaking.

Firstly, my appreciation to those whom have so successfully disseminated the knowledge: Hanford Lemoore and Mig.
Best summarized from a previous post...

Quote:

On 2004-05-15 05:46, Primo Kimo wrote:

I must personally thank these two guys who via Tiki Central have made a lot of unpossible things repossible.

...and my favorite German who lovingly prepared the fertile soil (BOT) into which I sewed my creative seed (Yuck!). I watched amazed as my hands were guided to build the Kahiki Moon inspired and directed by those glossy pages. Mahalo Sven!

...and also the entire crew up in Chicago. While attending Exotica 2003 my intense interest in Tiki turned to obsession after reveling the weekend away with many of you at TV, Kona Kai, Hala Kahiki, etc.

...and Oceanic Arts. Special mahaloz to Bob, Leroy and Sharon for holding my hand through the process and rushing through my materials and decor. I'll give you at least 3 months notice next time, maybe;)

The Artists!
I would like to share my deepest and heart felt thanks and my public decry of non-worthiness with my new ohana. I expect tremendous and continued success for the talented artists below:

Ken Pleasant and family - You have got to be kidding me, I didn't even know they made people like these anymore. Clearing his schedule, Ken worked feverishly and at light speed to get the 600+ ft of trim done, not to mention 3 5ft tikis and fountains, and masks, and stools and... all in time to open. Ken's style and Mana eminate from every corner of the KM. Mucho Mahaloz!

Miles Thompson - An old Californian man with an indelible sense of the absurd. Like the English muffin that shares a similar name Mr. Thompson is a true creative genius. With a few skillful swipes of a brush Miles created the imaging (Logo, etc.) that blended the then and now to perfection. This cat is going to the moon, baby.

Scott "Flounder" - Able to paint 8 radical paintings in a single day. Unencumbered by the earth’s gravitational pull flounder works at superhuman speeds. Flawless still paintings and outstanding original art.

Gecko - It is comforting to have a few items in Kahiki Moon actually from Hawaii. Gecko, The Welcome sign and the Kane and Wahine bathroom signs are da kine and provide the required authenticity. Another rush job. Shaka brah!

Kahaka - Lamp crafter extraordinaire. Chad made 8 wonderful swag lamps some original and some copies so finely made they rival the originals. 8 more please.

Monkeyman - Yet another supporter willing to clear away previous commitments to provide Kahiki Moon with some awesome frames in a rush. 10 more please.

Mojo - Thanks for the plaster candle holders and masks. 12 more please.

Tiki_Bong: As I drifted aimlessly on a sea on half truths and crappy websites I googled upon a TC post by one Tiki_Bong. Having some experience with this type of vessel I wondered to myself what kind of individual would take a moniker such as this. To my intense pleasure the link was to a post (exact one escapes me) where TB chastises new member "xxxx". I admit I was intimidated and because of this I would continue to lurk around for a month or so before registering. I fell into the habit of checking TC every day for nothing else than to see what TB had to say. Once trapped I absorbed massive amount of radical tiki facts and info on my favorite pass times: Collecting and Urban Archeology.
To you Tiki_Bong, aloha.

All TC Members: So many of you deserve thanks for discussing you ideas, discoveries and malfeasances for all to read and learn from. Everyday (when time permits) I read posts here at TC and I am (usually) constantly amazed at the quantity of quality folks here. Some of you suck but I know who I am ...er, I mean you know who you are.

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo on 2004-11-04 18:56 ]

Mahalo my friend.

B

Keep on Keeping on Man! It's been a real pleasure watching the place come together. I'm looking foreward to our next visit.
Dare I ask if the latest batch of Candle Holders are still holding up?

D

Primo!

i vote to open Kahiki Moon II in Seattle! then i can use my Kahiki Moola coupons ~ and i'll never have to cook again!

(i was in belltown today, scouting locations for you!)

and to all the artists ~ beautiful work ~ the spirit of aloha now thrives in Vermont!

elicia
hungry for some Kalua Pig Nachos.

Pages: 1 3 replies