Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

So....what are you doing for christmas now?

Pages: 1 13 replies

Cough cough, scratch....well, I liked the question as it is...so...Yes, What are you doing for Christmas?

Traditon? Plum Pudding? Someting wacky and new? Artsy? Are you iconoclastic and doing some unusal thing?? I hope nobody's still doing that Cacaphany Santa thing?

You got a yarn to spin about a favorite gift? Maybe some lawn darts you used to ruin a neighbors pool? Ant Farm? Rude Ralph Doll???

[ Edited by: Gigantalope on 2004-11-04 20:27 ]

T

I can't tell you, but it has something to do with baby deer.

DZ

... and William Shatner.

M

I'm pretty excited about giving my 3 1/2 year old neice a couple Tikimon, she's going to love them. Besides that I think I'll drink just enough to blind out the lights and bells of the preceding weeks. Bah Humbug.

T

'There's this guy on this tiki site who got mad at me for talking about baby deer so someone posted a picture of William Shatner'.

Figuring out how to get hammered in private in order to endure assorted relatives/fistfights.

F

My sister has become a quazi-professional in the culinary arts, so there's always some great food. The last several Christmas's have gotten progressively stranger. There's some sort of sordid family political situation that prevents the holiday from being anything but awkward, but things are looking up. Kids (baby deers too!) really put the magic in the holiday. This year I'll definitely make it a point to buy my rum early!

[ Edited by: FREAKBEAR on 2004-11-10 07:19 ]

P
pablus posted on Sat, Nov 6, 2004 4:03 PM

NO RELIGIOUS DISCUSSIONS!!!

...just kidding.

I'd like to go to New York.
Maybe even Vermont - something cold and frosty and snowy.

Florida Christmas's just don't really cut it.
It's like every other day here. Green. Warm. Flying squirrels. Hurricanes.

I'd like to make figgy pudding just once.

I'd like to do Trader Vic's egg nog from his Book of Food and Drink like I did 3 years ago. Boy it's good.

I have 10 nephews and 2 nieces that I'd like to spend a little time with. They're all fully tiki-fied so it could be fun.

I'd like to do all of these things... but the reality is that I will be at Wal-mart or Walgreens until the very second that they close buying a truckload of crap that no one wants nor ever will. I'll thrust it into their greedy hands still in the crumpled plastic it came in and shriek "THERE! MERRY CHRISTMAS!" as if I were threatening someone. Then I'll run outside, sobbing at what we've become, and resolve to do better next year... until 'Ol Dec. 24th rolls around again.

Well, not really.
It has a slight ring of familiarity to it though, doesn't it?

Ho. ho. h. o.

The kids make gingerbread houses while I sip a glass of wine and enjoy their creativity. Terrible shredded coconut/melted candy mess all over, but fun.

This year we're going to try gingerbread tikis. Wish me luck!

Set up the pole, air my grievences and participate in the test of strength. Yes, I'm celebrating Festivus this year. Festivus (it's for the rest of us) seems like the perfect holiday celebration to put the cap on a perfectly crappy year (except for Tiki Oasis, Mr. Tiki opening, Dr.Z's party & Intl Tiki Day...of course).

Hoping my friends at Weta Workshop in Nnew Zealand can pull some strings, and get me citizenship in New Zealand...

Barring that, spending more than I should.

TG

Christmas boat show in Marina Del Rey.

Getting the Christmas Tree immediately following the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

What will I (and other naughty Hoitis) do? SantaCon! http://www.santarchy.com . You would all be so suited to this enterprise! Pablus, why are you so far away? Bong, please join us this time.

On 2004-11-09 22:37, floratina wrote:
What will I (and other naughty Hoitis) do? SantaCon! http://www.santarchy.com . You would all be so suited to this enterprise! Pablus, why are you so far away? Bong, please join us this time.

This is a beautiful thing! That police report is great!

Pages: 1 13 replies