Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Glassware

Pages: 1 4 replies

HT

Aloha Centralites! I have recently started making custom Tiki glassware. Basically any type and shape of dish, with a tiki fused to the surface. I've made serving dishes, salad bowls, serving bowls, oval candy trays, ashtrays, and several other shapes. Anyway, I really love what I've made so far, though they have all been sold already, I am offering my services to Tiki Centralites. If you've always wanted custom dinner plates, or ashtrays, or whatever it may be, I can make them for slightly more than materials cost. I am attatching two pictures of my latest two pieces, pre-firiing, before they take their shape. My apologies for the quality. They were taken with my phone, before being put in the kiln. If anyone has any interest, please let me know. I can do darn near any color scheme as well. The next two pieces I'm working on will be Marquesian. Mahalo!

PS - I also take trades, as one kane can never have too much mana for his bar.

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki on 2004-11-04 22:50 ]

K
Kanaka posted on Fri, Nov 5, 2004 6:18 AM

Those look nice. Please post some finished pictures.

Scotty

HT

Well all, here they are post-firing. I'm considering leaving them like this, as they look pretty damn good to just hang on the wall. Though I might try adding some rope and raffia to the one that looks liek a shield, to make it look more like a shield before I hang it on the wall. Although, I'm thinking about turning them into bowls. If anyone has any interest in these, I need to know within the next few weeks, becaus eonce christmas rolls around, I've got a lot of jobs coming in. Aloha!
Lucky

HT

Here it is, the TIKI BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so I'm overly excited. But after hardship, a massive injury resulting in me needing surgey in the next few weeks, and a cranky old lady, the bowl is finally done. Unfortunately, the cranky old lady broke the orange one, and it is now being turned into a shield. Anyway, here's the pic. Again, send me a message if you're interested in buying or bartering for one. I've done a few other types of tikis, but they're on hold for the moment. Again, the cranky old woman.

Let me know what you think.

PS - The clutter you see around it is the mosiac window in progress. But again, I've lost all use of my thumb in the process of making the window. Aloha!

S
sinner posted on Wed, Dec 8, 2004 3:47 PM

Looks real good Hale Tiki! What would you charge for an ashtray with that same design on it?

[ Edited by: sinner on 2004-12-08 15:47 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies