Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Pictures from my San Francisco Honeymoon...

Pages: 1 5 replies

I'm missing exploring new cities... have to do this vacationing thing more often!

With a little searching and two street names we found Bob... looks a little better without the tuxedo he was painted with in BOT... but still kind of sad to think of what once was...

Another shot of Bob up close...

Big tiki at Trader Vic's Emeryville...

A row of tiki poles at Vic's...

Nice mix of tiki and nautical...

The box and my 70th Anniversary Commemorative Vic's Mug...

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-11-05 12:06 ]

Congratulations, Lake Surfer!

I'm glad you were able to make it out to see some of the tiki sites.

T

Hey LakeSurfer, did you check out the only surf break in S.F. by the Golden Gate Bridge? It's weird because what fuels the break isn't a normal wave motion but the tide (which goes back and forth twice a day).

Congrats Lake Surfer! Great pics. I've yet to make it to Trader Vic's Emeryville but I'm gettin' closer. That TV Anniversary Mug is killer.

On 2004-11-05 20:38, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Hey LakeSurfer, did you check out the only surf break in S.F. by the Golden Gate Bridge? It's weird because what fuels the break isn't a normal wave motion but the tide (which goes back and forth twice a day).

Hey there Bong... I was at Fort Point but due to the NW swell that week the wave wasn't working... I saw it on my last trip to SF back in '97 though... coolest surf spot I've ever seen...

I did get some surf on the trip... head to 1 foot over at Rockaway, Pacifica... and a head high session alone with a pod of dolphins at Marina State Beach north of Monterey... My wife freaked when she saw the fins in the water...

I felt at home in the 50 degree water... just like our average temp here in the lakes...

How's the early winter season treating you?

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-11-05 23:01 ]

Lake Surfer Dude, glad to meet you at Hukilau.
Isn't the Victor's in Emeryville killer?
Hey, hope you had an awesome honeymoon brah.
Keep carvin',
see you in Palm Springs?

Late

Pages: 1 5 replies