Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Star Wars Revenge of the Sith Trailer

Pages: 1 22 replies

OK, I don't know if I'm the only Star Wars "Nerd" in here, but did you guys catch the new commercial last night? Wow! Maybe this movie will FINALLY be on par with the old ones! I found a copy of the trailer online, let me know if you want it...it's big...10 megabytes.

M

I was going to post about it, too. I'm sure I'm getting my hopes up, but the trailer looks great.

BUT...imho, all the prequel trailers have looked great and had me excited, only to feel the crushing blow of total lameness.

Notice the trailers never have threepio saying "I've gone to pieces!" or all the other stupid crap from AOTC.

You know there are a lot of bent-out-of-shape Ashlee Simpson fans saying "Man, why are people taking Star Wars so seriously? It's just a movie."

~Hanford, a huge Star Wars fan.

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-11-05 16:33 ]

Star Wars nerd reporting for duty! (In fact, I'm going on a Star Wars hike December.)

My hopes are high for this one. C'mon George - don't let me down!!!

B
BaronV posted on Fri, Nov 5, 2004 5:17 PM

i am a proud geek father - my son in i watched the trailer in awe this AM. Counting down the days until i am disappointed in the movie.

Hi everyone..my name is Erich and I'm a Star Wars geek. Its been 2 months since I last watched one of the movies, but Yesterday I backslid slightly and watched the trailer to the 3 rd movie..........

Honestly it looked cool. While the new star wars movies have been just okay, I'm sure this one will have a few cool moments in it.....please let it have a few cool moments.

Erich

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe I know seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-crets! eheheheh!

I don't know script details, but I do know
a few major plot points...

But I can't say anything, as it would cost a family member their job...

TG

T

I'm a formr fan and I don't buy for one second that this will be any good. It's so easy to make a good trailer from a crappy movie. Why do people keep falling for this? Even AvsP ha a cool trailer, and "Day After Tomorrow", and those Matrix sequels - crappity crap crap! I could cut together an exciting trailer about me making dinner.

Since I am a former fan, I have no reservations about reading what happens in Ep3, and believe me, it's another crap-fest. I'll spare you the horrific details. If I told you the most egregious ones, you'd be gagging right now.

Star Wars is dead! Long live Pixar!!!

A

I sense much anger in you Tiki-bot. Anger leads to the Dark side of the Force!

At least we all know this movie will be darker much like Empire Strikes Back. I mean, just about all the good guys are supposed to die...hopefully Jar Jar as well. I just hope Samual L. Jackson goes out in a kick ass fight!

Z

On 2004-11-06 13:16, Tiki-bot wrote:
It's so easy to make a good trailer from a crappy movie. Why I could cut together an exciting trailer about me making dinner.

Trailer voiceover: "In a world where dinner may, or may not get to the table, dining as we know it is hinged on the powers of good and eee-vil.

T

On 2004-11-06 13:58, aquaorama wrote:

At least we all know this movie will be darker much like Empire Strikes Back.

If George's ability to do a "dark" is anything like his ability to do romance, we are in for quite a hootenanny! Honestly, I would love for this movie to be good, REALLY, but as long as George remains the clothes-less emperor he is, he will produce crap.

One thing for sure, I now have a much clearer view of how abusive relationships work. "I know EP 1&2 made me want to poke my eyes out with a hot, dull butterknife, but I just KNOW he will make a great movie THIS TIME!"

One thing for sure, I now have a much clearer view of how abusive relationships work. "I know EP 1&2 made me want to poke my eyes out with a hot, dull butterknife, but I just KNOW he will make a great movie THIS TIME!"

That's so funny Tiki-bot...I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday when reading all the testimonials about how great the trailer is. Fact is, trailers can often lie...and they often do. I know this, yet I still keep coming back to this Star Wars franchise.

I know I'm gonna see Episode 3, and I know I'm not gonna love it like I did episodes 4-6 when I was a kid. In fact, I think that s the key to enjoying big budget Hollywood films these days...go in with low expectations. When a show is actually good, you'll be elated. When it's bad...who cares...that's what you expected right?

I am a fan, but hey they're space soap opras! It doesn't have to be a Cannes winner for me to enjoy it. All I really want is some great lightsaber scenes and some great special effects. Episode I and II were disappointments to me only from the standpoint that they failed to capture the magic and SW:ANH and ESB. But other than that I enjoyed what I watched.

I'd take a new Star Wars movie over 2 Fast 2 Furious, Chronicles of Riddick, any Rush Hour film, any Laura Croft film, the Lord of the Ring snoozefests, etc. Those were all on-par with the new Star Wars for me. Nothing special, but entertaining.

EDIT: I take that back, I enjoyed EP I and II WAY more than the LOTR films (the first two anyway, I didn't see the third).

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-11-07 13:06 ]

On 2004-11-06 17:27, hanford_lemoore wrote:
the Lord of the Ring snoozefests,

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-11-06 17:28 ]

I can't belive it Hanford inciting a flamewar with such remark.

Yeah, I appologize for making it so obvious. I didn't enjoy LOTR ... I thought the action scenes didn't have any action in them at all. I never felt for any of the characters or the peril they were put in. I found myself watching the fight scenes and thinking "hurry up". Same goes for the second one ... even moreso. I had forgotten what had happened in the first film, and so I really cared even less why they were doing what they were doing.

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-11-07 13:14 ]

A

A problem I have with all these "Special Effects" type movies is that at least when the original trilogy came out I knew that most of the space ships, aliens, etc...were all "real". Maybe not life size, but you could hold that object or model, it wasn't computerized. Now I know they can create anything and film the whole movie without sets or minatures. It makes it hard to enjoy the film when I know that it REALLY is fake. I yearn for the days when they had a FULL SIZED Millenium Falcon!! That would be way too awesome to see! Of course I'll still shell out a bundle to see Episode III 10 or more times....Somehow Lucas has programmed it into me dammit!

T

Just watched the trailer.

Exactly what I expected.

Lots of dazzling FX shots, and no real indication that this film would have any heart to it.

That's what differentiates the old SW films from the new: some semblance of emotional content.

Athe Ugh House on Saturday, we were trying to muster a new hope and some enthusiasm for this film, and someone said that they doubted that G Lucas had spent the last three years back in film school learning how to write and direct a good movie. That about summed it up.

I think he got lucky with Star Wars (Ep IV), and he hired a solid director and a solid screenwriter to do The Empire Strikes Back. He also conceptualized Indiana Jones, and then let Steve Spielberg direct it. Good move.

He's a good 'idea man', but he needs some help actually making good movies.

On 2004-11-08 13:42, tikibars wrote:

Athe Ugh House on Saturday, we were trying to muster a new hope and some enthusiasm for this film, and someone said that they doubted that G Lucas had spent the last three years back in film school learning how to write and direct a good movie. That about summed it up.

I remember hearing someone shout out "george lucas can kiss my as*!"

but that might have been me. he fired my little brother last summer.

Ok, I'm a newbie but I cannot resist the Star Wars threads on ANY board I visit!

Now, you're gonna have to take my word for it...I've seen the movie...all the way thru, front to back in its unfinished form. I work for Lucasrts and am working on the game for the movie.

So, I can assue you that this one is the very best of the three. It is not on par with the original trilogy but you know what? Nothing ever will be.

I'm not defending it, I'm jaded too by the old films! But, in my humble opinion, this one will actually be very good by comparison to Ep1 and 2.

in my humble opinion, this one will actually be very good by comparison to Ep1 and 2.

I hope so; we are owed a whole lot of darkness.

On 2004-11-11 18:27, tikijackalope wrote:

I hope so; we are owed a whole lot of darkness.

Well, in ep 2 we were promised "romance", so make your own judgements about whatever "darkness" there will be in ep3.

I'm hopefull optomistic - but then again, I was that way before Episodes 1 & 2 also....

Fear not, it is in fact Dark. Not dark like Ep2 was "romantic" but actually dark. I went into the screening room expecting the worst and came out thinknig "hey, thats not half bad! Not half good either but definitely not half bad!"

Pages: 1 22 replies