Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Steel Guitar tunes Needed!

Pages: 1 7 replies

T

Hey All,

I know you have exactly no reason to do Bong a favor, but I'm running out of good steel tunes for the Smokin' M's.

Some members have turned me onto some excellant tunes, such as Bongofury with his donation of The Vultures, and the Vanduras.

If anyone has something in their collection and would make me a copy and send it to me, I'll never post harshly of you again (probably).

Songs should be: somewhat of an upbeat tune, not too orchestated (just guitar, ukulele, steel and bass if possible), and some good steel playing.

Yeah, I can't pay you. But, if I have any more kids, I'll name one of 'em after you. Promise.

Thanks in advance

(am I setting myself up or what?)

OL
K
Kono posted on Sun, Nov 7, 2004 6:23 PM

Vocals OK or you just want instrumentals?

K
Kono posted on Sun, Nov 7, 2004 6:37 PM

Tahitian OK or you just want Hawaiian?

T

Vocals fine. We do several Hawaiian language tunes already. And we also do a few Tahitian tunes.

As long as it has a steel guitar and is somewhat upbeat, it's good to go.

K
Kono posted on Mon, Nov 8, 2004 4:38 PM

OK Bong, I'll email you some stuff as I come across it. I've been slowly going through my hawaii/polynesian records and digitizing songs I like for CDs. If I find something that sounds like it fits the bill I'll email it. Since I don't know what constitutes good steel playing I'll leave it up to you to keep or delete at your discretion. I'll assume that you don't want any of the "standards" as you already know them.

T

On 2004-11-08 16:38, Kono wrote:
OK Bong, I'll email you some stuff as I come across it. I've been slowly going through my hawaii/polynesian records and digitizing songs I like for CDs. If I find something that sounds like it fits the bill I'll email it. Since I don't know what constitutes good steel playing I'll leave it up to you to keep or delete at your discretion. I'll assume that you don't want any of the "standards" as you already know them.

Kono,
If it's not too much trouble, send the 'standards' too.

I guess what I mean by 'steel playing' is/are tunes where the steel plays a predominant part in the melody with maybe some lead work in it if possible.

Mahalo

P.S. 'Kono' is the first name on my list to name my future kids (I still have 2, count 'em 2 sperm cells life - go dawg!)

B

Hey Bong,

I have a boatload of stuff I can send you. While you are waiting.......listen to the "Bong Of Fury" compilation I gave you. My all time favorite upbeat slide instro "Over Easy" by Kevin Brown would make a fab tune for the SMs to work. Maybe the uke could do those piched harmonic backgronds behind the steel.....very Hawaiian in a non-traditional kinda way. I won't feel bad if you use Bongofury as a middle name......might cause some trauma through High School if it was their first name.

Pages: 1 7 replies