Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Whatever happened to all the bad Tiki art?

Pages: 1 8 replies

I remember when chuckling at appalling Tiki art used to be the Tiki Central national pastime. What happened to all that bad Tiki art?

Oh, here's a nice one:

"Unique cast of an Easter Island head in concrete"

Trader Woody

T

I love it! I guess all the people selling Shag ripoffs got bored and moved on to selling something else. Or maybe not...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=360&item=3758834923&rd=1

T

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww! I hate that little tiki with the arms and legs.

Very disturbing.

WHat are you talkin' about?!?! that stuff is pure GENEIUS!!!!
It's like when you go out to rent a movie, and you get a terrible movie on purpose JUST BECAUSE! Or when you drink old milk, or smell your fingers after picking your toe cheese or....

Nice thread TW!
If that clay Maoi was made by a 4 year old than it might be good, but...
is someone actually trying to sell it?

"Hey, at least I'm housebroken."

[ Edited by: Polynesiac on 2004-11-08 21:11 ]

On 2004-11-08 11:53, tikifish wrote:
I love it! I guess all the people selling Shag ripoffs got bored and moved on to selling something else. Or maybe not...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=360&item=3758834923&rd=1

I love the self-appraisal the artist gives of her "style":"As you can see, I have developed my own style that surpasses the limits of time, color and space."

Gaaak

T

I missed that! That's great. So this woman is clearly an advanced being from the 4th dimension. Who knew?

Hint: when one has to state 'I have developed my own style', chances are they haven't.

I love the self-appraisal the artist gives of her "style":

"As you can see, I have developed my own style that surpasses the limits of time, color and space."

Gaaak

Maybe she meant to type 'ignores' rather than 'surpasses'?

[i]On 2004-11-08 23:24, Bamboo Dude wrote"As you can see, I have developed my own style that surpasses the limits of time, color and space."

Maybe she's related to Sun Ra.

-Z

I always read 'outsider artist' as being someone recovering from a brain injury using art as therapy.

Trader Woody

Pages: 1 8 replies