Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Just getting started

Pages: 1 5 replies

I am starting to work on some heads for X-mas, I have a chainsaw, some chisels, sandpaper, weatherproofing stains, and a wood burner. I am limited on time, and experience, so chainsaw for my rough cuts, chisel what I need to, and use my woodburning tool like a tattoo gun!
I will figure out how to get some pics on here today, I would greatly appreciate any tips on how to improve, just looking at the art here, I feel very humbled, you all do some very incredible stuff!

I've just started carving myself and found that any worries I had before melted away once I started carving. Even if you screw up its better than not trying at all.

On 2004-11-10 09:56, AlohaStation wrote:
I've just started carving myself and found that any worries I had before melted away once I started carving. Even if you screw up its better than not trying at all.

You are so right. My first carving was a tiny moai that I carved with a boxcutter knife!

I signed up to shutterfly.com to show some pics, and within 24 hours I had more spam coming in than I ever imagined! I immediately cancelled my account. I have some pics on yahoo pictures, I don't know what link to give though.
I'm learning a lot, I bought a dremel, a palm sander, and a small torch. I plan to make some torch holders for the backyard, and a few plant holders.

So, is this for a family gift exchange?

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2004-11-26 20:10 ]

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/onsighttree/album?.dir=/mail&.src=ph&.tok=ph6a6HCBfRRvAYVZ

Yeh, these are for gifts, I like making things, not about the money, I like devoting time, people in this age are always in a hurry! If I ever make any money from this, cool. If not, I have a good job as an arborist!

Pages: 1 5 replies