Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Mosiac Tiki Piece, BOT pg 175

Pages: 1 4 replies

HT

As I said in one of the other threads, I am intent on making a stained glass "copy" of the Tiki mosiac. Obviously, it's not going to be exact, but it'll look like it. I thought I would start this thread as progress began. I made the drawing today. It is not an exact copy, as this will be my own work, and not just taking the work of the original artist. The picture I'm posting is in an progress drawing for the stained glass window. It's no masterpiece, but it's not supposed to be. It's a bad line drawing that I got a little carried away with the colored pencils for a few minutes. The next stage is to translate it into a solid line drawing. Aloha!

HT

Phase 2 - Line Art. This is what I will use to create the template for cutting the glass.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Nov 10, 2004 6:24 PM

Looks promising. Interested to this as it processes

HT

Okay, so I'm having way too much fun with this. Here's another one, I'm thinking of these colors, though again, it may change.

I can tell this is going to be a great post. I had a friend that did stained glass, and it was fascinating. Please document the whole process in excruciating detail! Seriously. This does not look like an easy piece to do. Good luck!

Aaron

Pages: 1 4 replies