Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tabu Tiki Nights V: Trader Vic's, Chicago, November 17! We gots photos!

Pages: 1 4 replies

While JT is off galavanting around Rapa Nui and talking with Moai about how they got there, I thought I would help him out by getting the word out early on next week's event!

November 17:
Tabu Tiki Nights V at Trader Vic's, Chicago!
The island madness begins at 7:00 and lasts until 11:00.

No cover!

The Return of the Cocktail Preachers, doing their special Surf-Exotica!

Back from his honeymoon and back at the chisel: Dave from Lake Tiki is back at Tabu Tiki Nights!

Hula dancers from Barefoot Hawaiian.

Lei making by Gwen from Barefoot Hawaiian.

Free door prizes courtesy of Surrey Books: new stuff from the artist Shag.

Pop art Tiki prints on display from Chicago artist Esqui.

DSK designs offering their new 10th anniversary Elviki.

JT's Kon-Tiki Sound System (spinning vintage Exotica and Hawaiian music).

1/2 price Zombies.

Free pupus (appetisers).

The legendary Singapore Symphony drink: served in a pineapple shell and only available at the monthly Tabu Tiki event.

Let me just add that inspiration got the best of me after a great honeymoon trip and I have some great new items for November! Just in time for early Christmas shopping!

And I'm sure the other artists, Esqui and the lovely Lissette and DSK designs will have great holiday gift ideas also!

Hope to see a big crowd next week!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-11-11 01:16 ]

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-11-18 12:39 ]

T

Hey Dave -

Thanks for posting this while I was away.

Remember: if Dave can come all the way from Milwaukee with a trunkload of Tikis, then all of you Illin'noise residents have NO EXCUSE not to show up!

See you there.

Once again, Paradise in Chicago's Loop! Big props again to James for busting his ass to get this event to happen every month! Where do I start? This one was so packed with stuff I was trying to sort it all out on the 90 miles drive home at 1 am this morning.

Having just returned from Rapa Nui, James presented us all with a great little slide show on his I Book of his photos. We had the Barefoot Hawaiians performing hula numbers and rounding up the audience for lessons. And the Cocktail Preachers spreading the gospel of surf music through traditional instruments and the uke and steel guitar. And let's not forget the goodies for sale by Lake Tiki and DSK Designs!

A great time was had by all... how can you not when you compliment all this fun with $4 Zombies!?!?

We had some traveling TC Members from Columbus, OH with us last night too... forgive me for forgetting your names, it was a long and busy night!

At all costs, do not miss the December event headlined by The King, (no, not Elvis, silly!)
All sorts of fun again... Mele Kalikimaka at Trader Vic's!

Lake Surfer and his Chicago surfer friends Captain Jack and Craig at the Lake Tiki Table...

The call of the Islands from the Barefoot Hawaiians...

Hula, hula hula!

Our host at the mic, JT...

Surf tunes...

Sweet sounds...

Shiny, happy people having drinks...

Hula lessons!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-11-18 13:07 ]

I've posted another dozen pics to the Tabu Tiki Nights web page at http://www.tydirium.net

Thanks for the pics you posted, Dave.

And remember everyone:
King Kukulele will be performing at the December 15 Tabu Tiki Nights at Trader Vic's, Chicago.

This is the only chance you midwesterners will have to witness the King in action...

And it's FREE!

Mark your calendars, now!

C

We've wanted to make it down from cheezehead land for one of these & King Kukulele's presence tipped the scales. I left Hulilau last year singing "Princess Pupule" for weeks - can's wait to see the King. Definitely worth burning a vacaton day for to make it down for this one!!!

& I'm hoping to find out from the King if there is a way to get a recording of "Princess Pupule", as I was bummed that it wasn't on his new CD.
:drink:

Pages: 1 4 replies