Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Yasser Arafat Dead!

Pages: 1 18 replies

(Yasser, that's my baby, Nosser, I don't mean maby, Yasser that's my baby now...)

ce n'est pas la politique

M

Just be REAL careful with this thread, folks. Moderators are watching with itchy trigger fingers.

I'm not sure what you can say about him that won't be political, other than: "He was 75."

He was homlier than his wife, but not by much.

It just makes me feel so damn older every time an "80's / Reagan Era " person passes on. It was bad enough when the Playboy playmates started being born in the 80's!!

[ Edited by: aquaorama on 2004-11-11 09:44 ]

Mazel Tov

embodiment of something....what was it again?????

On 2004-11-11 09:21, Satan's Sin wrote:
He was homlier than his wife, but not by much.

so........do you think she is a natural blonde? something tells me the carpet dosn't match the drapes!

Oh my gawd, what will us secular, white, middle-class, non-jewish, non-paelstenian, americans do NOW??? Oh, same as before - nothing?

Didn't Yas look exactly the same from about 1968 on? Was he a robot, or is the desert air really good for the skin? Maybe not, since he looked about 70 years old in '68, too. In any event, things are SURE to calm down in the middle east now.....

D

Yasser & Arafat alive and well

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - When Safra Hassan went into labor Thursday, she told her husband she wanted to name their child Yasser after Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, who died hours earlier.

It was only in the delivery room at Gaza's Shifa Hospital that Hassan, 32, discovered she was carrying twin boys.

"I looked at my husband and I said, we will call them Yasser and Arafat," she told The Associated Press. "I'm so proud that the name of Yasser Arafat will be in my house every day, just as the name of Yasser Arafat will be in every Palestinian house forever."

The boys, each weighing about 4 1/2 pounds, are doing well, doctors said. Safra Hassan and her husband, Rafiq, have two other children, a 7-year-old daughter and a 5-year-old son.

Safra Hassan said naming her infants for Arafat was a small gesture compared to the sacrifices he made in pursuit of Palestinian statehood.

"I hope that my children will grow up in peace and will witness Yasser Arafat's dreams become reality," she said.

"I thought this was kind of a breakthrough. Yasser Arafat says he likes George Bush's idea of a brand new Palestinian election, as long as they count the ballots in Florida." —David Letterman

"Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon arrived in Washington Sunday night to give President Bush a 91-page book proving that Yasser Arafat funded terrorists. White House sources say that President Bush has the book and is almost done coloring it." —Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live's "Weekend Update"

"Yesterday, Yasser Arafat was finally able to leave his compound. And what an emotional scene — on the way out high-fiving all those suicide bombers." —David Letterman

"In an interview, Yasser Arafat's wife, this hypocrite, she lives in Paris by the way. She said she would gladly sacrifice her son for the Palestinian cause if she had one. She also said she would gladly become a suicide bomber herself, except she's allergic to dynamite. 'If it wasn't for that, I would gladly do it instead of shopping here in Paris.'" —Jay Leno

"Yasser Arafat is sleeping on the floor in his office with his closest aides. He is the first leader to do that since Clinton." —Jay Leno

I heard it said today that, now, Ringo Star is the sole owner of that face.

Didn't Yas look exactly the same from about 1968 on? Was he a robot, or is the desert air really good for the skin? Maybe not, since he looked about 70 years old in '68, too.

Maybe he used "olive branch" oil.

If you own an AK-47...now is the time to point it straight up in the air an empty a full magazine of ammunition while screaming ayayayayayayay! That'll get your neighbor's attention. If the police come and try to cite you for discharging an unlawful firearm within city limits, just tell 'em it's a religeous ritual and protected by your Constitutional rights.

Aquaorama wrote:"It just makes me feel so damn older every time an "80's / Reagan Era " person passes on. It was bad enough when the Playboy playmates started being born in the 80's!!"

Whats wrong with Playmates being born in the 80's? I have no problem with that whatsoever.

Of course, I only read Playboy for the articles...my magazine of choice is 'Barely Legal'.

On 2004-11-11 07:31, Tiki_Bong wrote:
(Yasser, that's my baby, Nosser, I don't mean maby, Yasser that's my baby now...)

And Jeeze Bong, How long have you been waitin' to use THAT one?!

On 2004-11-13 19:30, the75stingray wrote:
Of course, I only read Playboy for the articles...

Shit, I WRITE the articles!
:)

If you haven't seen it...
http://www.playboy.com/features/features/tikibars/index.html

On 2004-11-16 22:09, tikibars wrote:

On 2004-11-13 19:30, the75stingray wrote:
Of course, I only read Playboy for the articles...

Shit, I WRITE the articles!
:)
If you haven't seen it...
http://www.playboy.com/features/features/tikibars/index.html

Tiki and Playboy?
Now is there any better "drug" that that?
Great article JT!

B

And this just in, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead...

Pages: 1 18 replies