Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

tell tale tiki preview @ miles t's house???

Pages: 1 32 replies

K

Howdy kids!

From 7-10PM on the evening of Wednesday the 17th of November the echo of exotic sounds will emanate from my turn table, i'll mix some fresh mai tais (using a VERY POORLY kept secret concoction handed down from generation to generation), every finished painting from my upcoming show will hang for all to see on my otherwise bare walls (some framed some unframed), and with luck a MESS of tiki fans will fill my house to hang and check out my new stuff. you see we are renovating our house here in Los Feliz and in the time that the demolition is performed we are moving to another location leaving this house just like a gallery... to save people close to LA from driving to Palm Springs i have coordinated this totally special viewing with Mmodern Gallery...so YES you will be able to come see and if desired buy that night ...you won't be able to take anything home with you other than memories, receipts, hangovers, and photographs until after the exhibition is complete...hop in your woody wagons grab the nearest surf ghoul or gal next to you and come see over 24+ of 32 (or so) finished panels from the "Tell Tale Tiki" graphic novella...there are many pieces in as many shapes colors and sizes for your consideration and viewing pleasure...you'll also get to see my empty house in it's "before the addition" form...

2615 N Vermont
LA AC 90027

MAPQUEST BABY!

any questions or for directions please drop me an email

[email protected]

mahalo and until we meet again...aloha!

H

YES!

In in in in in in in in in in in.

Unless I'm out of town. But I'll really try to be back in time.

H

sure why not, sounds interesting.

Baby Boy wassup? I'm square and I'm there. Oh yeah, my woody will hopefuly make it's debut at Oasis. The house was great MT, I guess I'll see what is in the works .

On 2004-11-11 17:42, Humuhumu wrote:
YES!
In in in in in in in in in in in.
Unless I'm out of town.

I think this is the most Tiki Central optimism, I think we'll ever see.
Best to you Humu!

Kooche!
Always loved your work.
Thank work for my un-attendance.

Awesome piece bro, wish I could be there. Might see ya again in March.
Can you say TIKI TI, Toro Toro baby.

Kooche-
That is a beautiful painting I'd love to see more of your work. I belive I have seen one of your masterpiece's at the TIKI TI. I am going to try to be there!!!!!
Later,
Spermy

K

i just walked in from the tiki ti and MAN is my stomach sweetened...kill me NOW and serve me with hot sauce and fritters...

glad you like this piece....that makes me smile to hear it...

i look forward to meeting you here wednesday!

http://www.kooch-e-koo.com

[ Edited by: kooche on 2004-11-13 12:21 ]

I seriously thought about stopping by as I was driven home from the emergency ward.

But then the look from my wife suggested it wouldn't be happening.

Sorry I missed the oppourtunity to meet you.

K

here it is..."TELL TALE TIKI"

in order with MASSIVE gaps...but i still have a month to paint until the show

http://www.kooch-e-koo.com

[ Edited by: kooche on 2004-11-14 14:00 ]

MG

Killer Kooche!

Dig those crazy colors, contrast and texture, and the chicks of course. Gotta love naked girls....I say it's about time for a nice thick coffee tale book. One of my favorite books is "Leis, Luaus and Alohas". As soon as you come out with one, it'll be on my coffee table for ever.

I'm gonna have to do some serious begging to get my wife to let me come up from San Diego. Maybe Sirginn and I can carpool.

Gene

http://www.fallingcocos.com

[ Edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-11-14 15:27 ]

K

Gene

COFFEE TABLE book?

you kill me man...this is supposed to be about a 20 page graphic novel...if it gets published it'll weigh less than my next meal WITHOUT the plate!

glad you like all the visuals...it has been SO FUN to paint!

begging your wife...nobody beats me! i hope you can make it up! thanks again!

H

seriously, after seeing the pictures cant wait to see the real deal.

These are all great, I already told you that I'd really like to see this great stuff in person...

Count us in!

Miles......great looking stuff! I may swing by on my way back from Pasadena.

S

I am in, your paintings are well worth the haul up from San Diego, not to mention the cheap Ray's mistakes at the Ti on wednesdays. See you soon.
Scott

see ya 2nite.

The Velours will see you all later tonight. I cant wait to see all your work in person!

'twas awesome to see your current work in person Miles! You really all need to see this stuff live & up close - web images just don't do the colors justice!

Thanks again!

K

Hey Kooche - sorry couldn't make it last night - but am in awe of your work. Let me know when I might come by and see it in person. It any of it for sale?

K

hey TC peeps...

thanks for swinging by my place on wednesday...as soon as i am back on line at the new house i'll post pix of an AWESOME carving TikiDiablo dropped right in my pants as a surprise that night...

thanks again to everyone that was able to attend especially Sven and Naomi...they kicked ASS in the kitchen and at the bar...i needed a hand and they made everything like a hot buttered rum at the tiki ti!

Hey Miles, it was great to finally meet you. I love your work. Hope we can work together someday. We should have a "board meeting". Oh ya, nice house! You got some killer trees in the 'hood.

Thanks Sirginn for the ride up and my first trip to the Ti. Great so see everyone.

Thanks, Gene

http://www.fallingcocos.com

[ Edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-11-21 12:31 ]

K

a week from tomorrow...almost finished with the big 6X4 piece that is the last painting in teh series...i hope i can nget some of you out there that night to see the art altogether at once...

thanks again to all of those that helped with the preview....

ALOHA!

H

Can't wait to see all the art together and in order! For those who've missed the details, this show opens next Friday, Dec. 10, at the M Modern Gallery in Palm Springs. I'll be there for sure.

S

Miles-
You know we are there!, even the dog is excited about going and getting to stay at caliente tropics. See you soon.

H
Helz posted on Sun, Dec 5, 2004 12:44 PM

Kooche,

These are truly amazing. Thanks for sharing these with those of us not able to see the show in person.

MG

I'll be there and with the wife this time. May have to go jacuzzi hoppin' at the Caliente after the show.

See ya there Scott!

[ Edited by: mean gene on 2004-12-05 20:40 ]

K
kooche posted on Mon, Dec 6, 2004 6:53 PM

hi all...

glad that some of ya'll are gonna make the trek to PS to see the show...which by the way is NOT on the friday of december 10th as HUMU had stated above...it's on SATURDAY the 11th...

i am burning the midnight oil to finish this big old 6X4' piece that will mark the end of the story...

and though that piece ("EXOTITERNITY" - as in it is taking an eternity to finish) will be complete for the show the story will be near to 5-6 pieces short of completion...but as those pieces are completed they'll be framed and sent to the gallery to join the rest of the collection from TELL TALE TIKI...

thanks for all the feedback cyber dwellers!

MAHALO!

Hey TCers,
Miles show will be happening this Saturday evening (Dec. 11th)from 6 - 9 pm. We are M Modern Gallery and are located at:

m modern gallery
448 N. Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262
760 413-1383

We are a less than two hour drive from both LA and San Diego. We have great restaurants and spas too! The pieces miles did for this show are very reasonably priced and you might want to make the effort to come see these in person. The show will run until January 2nd, 2005.

NOTE: We have a surplus of "It's All About the Tiki" merchandise at the gallery (including some sold out items - Sorry, no Shag items left). All will be on sale at 30% off that evening only. This is a great time to knock off some early Christmas gifts. Better yet, purchase one of Miles prints and give the gift of great art.

Admission is open to the public, is free of charge and beverages and snacks will be provided. HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT!!!

Regards, Jay

H

As Miles noted, I'm a boob and thought the date for the opening was Friday... it's Saturday, and you all should not miss it, but unfortunately I can't make it. I'm incredibly bummed, but I hope to go see the show at a future date.

MG

See ya tonight!
Lisa and I also got a room at the Caliente Tropics. I know there are other TCers staying there too. Should be a fun night.

Pages: 1 32 replies