Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Doo Dah Parade: Creating the Mai-Taicycle!

Pages: 1 10 replies

Since I don't currently have my home Tiki bar, I thought I'd show the progression of my current Tiki related project...

The Mai-Taicycles for Queen Cherry Capri's Doo Dah parade entourage

Here's the before of one of the cycles:

Here is after a couple days of spare time... still a ways to go, but making good progress!

D

you don't need the training wheels anymore? would't it be safer if you're drinking n pedaling?..

nice ride!

Speaking of drinking & pedaling... We have a semi-local cycling event down here called the Rosartio-Ensenada 50 mile fun ride. It's in Baja Mexico, but it's mostly a bunch of SoCal gringos (7-10,000 of them) that head down for a weekend of drinking, cycling, carousing, and fun. Anyways, last time I rode the course I ran across 5 guys on a contraption made of 5 Schwinn Stingrays welded together with a steel platform in the middle to support a keg with 5 separate dispenser hoses. They were all wearing grass skirts & lampshade type beachcomber hats. Pretty comical sight. Not sure if they ever made it to the finish line. Not the doo-dah, but pretty comical all the same. Wish I had a picture to share. Sorry for the digression...

So, Traderpup, how are you going to put the mai-tai into the mai-taicycle?

okay... almost done with one... and one week to go!

I just had to bump this post. I notice that you made it into a boys bike, Pup...

So that's a mai-taicycle. Outstanding!

Bikes are done! Here's some photos... there will be fruit garnish added for the parade.

Notice some of the fine details.... mai tai cocktail on the front fenders, parrots from noose in tow......

[ Edited by: Traderpup on 2004-11-16 17:06 ]

oh my goodness - those are incredible!!!

love the parrots hanging off the rear!

Fantastic job, Pup!

Those look amazing. You could market those.
Did you use real tapa on the chain-guard or paint it on?

Sabu

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2004-11-17 11:46 ]

M

Hey Terry,
Those are Cherry!!!

MTK

P

Man, you got mad skills.

As in: Your skills make me angry that I have none.

Could you do the same for my motorcycle?

Pages: 1 10 replies