Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Oh my goodness! What fun at the Lagoon Lounge last night!

Pages: 1 4 replies

Many, many BIG, BIG MAHALOS to Pablus and his lovely wife for the beautiful food, drinks and Hawaiian Hospitality served up last night at the Lagoon Lounge!

All three of the Haole Kats went over to Brandon to enjoy Pablus' Island Slaw and Sabu's Coconut Chicken Skewers, along with, natch, some of the best tasting tropical drinks in central Florida. Pablus' also had a wonderful table of nuts, cheeses, fruits and crunchies. Of course, we also had music all night, with upright bass fiddle, steel guitar and LOTS OF UKULELES!

Pablus and his buddy Russ have a duo going with Pablus on his handmade Island concert uke, and Russ on baritone uke. As many of you may or may not know, Pablus not only has a really great voice, and plays a really mean uke, but also writes GREAT songs! It was a real treat to play along on some of his original tunes, including the brand new Hukilau Hurricane.

Anyway, what a great time. Here's a pic of our host and his amazing sounding uke.

I think Kanekila pretty much summed it up....great food & drinks (Thanks to Pablus' work & Sabu & Joel's awesome recipes!), nice folks & plenty of music...all on a beautiful Florida night.

We're all looking forward to doing this again real soon...I feel an addiction forming....I feel weak......must...have...uke...jam!

Any other TC folks in our area (or not)that might like to participate next time around? Tweedtone? Anyone else? I know you're out there - I can hear you breathing...

Pablus -- Thanks again to you and your lovely wahine for opening your home to us with such Aloha! Have a safe trip to and from Ohio this week.

J

Sounds like a great time. Let us know when the Lagoon Lounge is accepting reservations.
We might be up for some traveling between now and the beginning of December. Maybe we can drag Flounder & Meg along for the ride.
KG

P

Is it my imagination or are my eyes going in different directions?

Hooray for the debilitating effects of a true Navy Grog!

Sweet tunes braddahs!
You guys are the best.

KG - we just talked about you last night.

We're looking forward to hosting a Lagoon Lounge Jam night and bringing in the ohana.

Don't bring Flounder. I hate that guy.

K

Hey Pablus -- did we sort of float a timeframe on that idea of a Logoon Lounge Ohana ReunionFest? Was it maybe sometime in the February or March area? Dang, I didn't drink too much, but hell if I can remember. That should be a fan-FREAKING-tastic time. I like the idea of maybe recording it, too. The key, I think, is to try to not get carried away with PA's or anything, and keep that acoustic vibe. Let the good, well placed mics do the work (i.e., no amplification, except that little 5-watt toob amp for steel or archtop GEE-tar).

Yeah, whatta time. You have a SWANK pad there, doooooood. Oh, yes -- and your eyes ARE going different directions, braddah! That's some mighty fine grog there mixmaster. Mighty fine, indeed...

:drink:

Kanekila

Pages: 1 4 replies