Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

safely securing tikis

Pages: 1 5 replies

Hey guys,I was just wondering for the larger tikis does anyone have any tips for securing them so they don't fall on someone and say squash a smallchild.
Also if someone buys your tiki puts in in their yard and has an accident is the tiki maker responsible,do we need disclaimers on our tikis.Sorry to bring heavy stuff (pardon the pun) to this creative forum but I guess as a carver and a parent I'm conscious of it.Anyone with any ideas?

We touched a bit on the subject a year or so ago... you can find the info here...
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=7924&forum=7&5
Good Luck!

thanks Lake surfer I'm new around here. Some good advice on securing poles I'll try at my place.

What about disclaimers? Should we leave securing the pole to the buyer?What do you think?

It couldn't hurt to ask how he's plenning to secure it, then offer advice if needed. It will at least make him aware of the potential danger. That should leave you with a clear conscience.

B

One way to look at it is that for longevity purpouses the longer it stays up, the better you look. if it rots and alls down it makes the artist look bad, no matter who installed it. I would want to make sure it stayed erect a long time (the tiki)

thanks Benzart and Raffertiki I guess it is worth following up with the buyer and advising them with regard to the erection(of the pole).
I know a builder who could probably help with installation and work that into the cost of the pole.
cheers guys

Pages: 1 5 replies