Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Coconut Bay Cafe and Club Coconuts, Little Rock, AR (restaurant)

Pages: 1 3 replies

Name:Coconut Bay Cafe and Club Coconuts
Type:restaurant
Street:300 President Clinton Ave.
City:Little Rock
State:AR
Zip:72201
Phone:501-372-6100, 01

Description:
This is a large restaurant and bar in a trendy area of Little Rock which uses seagrass tiki masks and wood masks of a borderline tiki nature in the decor. I was told by an employee that it is about a year old.

I passed this place while on a trip that had a non-tiki agenda and literally had about five minutes to dash in and look around. I was not allowed close enough to the masks to photograph them without paying a cover charge, which wasn't practical. They do offer mixed drinks but I didn't see anything I'd call a tiki drink on the menu. I didn't get a look at a food menu.
I wouldn't say anyone should go out of their way to investigate this place, especially as it was full of the trendy set, but if any TCer lives in the area, it'd be interesting to get a better report. The streetcars and old buildings in the area have a nice restored urban feel.

S

My brother works for the cities of Little Rock and North LR. I'll have him go by and check it out. Will let you know how it stacks up.

8T

I passed this place while on a trip that had a non-tiki agenda and literally had about five minutes to dash in and look around.

Hey G,
Does that mean you were covering the Clinton Pres. library dedication? (was Monica there?)

Pages: 1 3 replies