Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

This Guy Built a Monorail in his Backyard!

Pages: 1 13 replies

T

http://www.monorails.org/tMspages/NMT01.html

Wow. I'd love to introduce this guy to the tiki lifestyle and see what his backyard looks like in a year or 2...

Unbelievable! My son's favorite ride at Disneyland is the Monorail. He would absolutely LOVE this! Can you imagine what his backyard would look like if he was into Tiki?!!

Is that Sven in the hot tub on the last page?

J

why? I've seen where people have built roller coasters in their backyard but how many times can you ride around your own backyard before it starts to lose its thrill? To each his own I guess...

:drink:

that is incredible! I am completely speechless....

• I though my fetish was specific!

On 2002-09-26 14:44, johnnievelour wrote:
Is that Sven in the hot tub on the last page?

Well, we've got a guy lounging about in a hot tub with seemingly no clothing... Yep, that must be Sven! (I don't recall that monorail being there at the Tiki Oasis)

No monorail at the Tiki Oasis? Didn't we take the non-stop to room 135 from the pool?

T

On 2002-09-26 17:28, johntiki wrote:

...how many times can you ride around your own backyard before it starts to lose its thrill?

Let's find out...

One?... Two?... Three!!!

Looks like it's three times around your own backyard! Funny, it's the same amount of licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie-pop :wink:

[ Edited by: tikimug on 2002-09-27 10:15 ]

I would bet that the object of building his monorail was not necessarily to ride around his backyard- the object was to build a monorail! The planning, the testing, seeing it finished- I would bet that those were the most satisfying parts of the whole thing, not leisurely circuits around his property. He can now say HEY! I BUILT A FRIGGIN' MONORAIL!! The journey is the destination, I guess.

I've seen where people have built roller coasters in their backyard but how many times can you ride around your own backyard before it starts to lose its thrill?

Here's a guy who built a roller coaster in his backyard. He's even offering rides to those who simply ask for one! Doesn't look entirely safe though...

http://www.negative-g.net/BlueFlash/February2002/Blue-Flash-2002-2-1.html

T

Yeah, after looking at those pictures of the Blue Flash, could you image this guy trying to sell tickets to get on it? I think that bucket seat came from a '78 Honda Civic!

Hey! There's nothing wrong with a '78 Honda civic.

These guys with the roller coaster mug drink alot of beer! It reminds me of the joke: Whats the last words of a redneck? "Hey Yall, Watch this!"

You couldn't get me on the Blue Flash if you paid me.... Well, I guess it would depend on how much.... Okay, you could probably get me on if you paid me. It still doesn't look safe though.

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns on 2002-10-01 15:58 ]

Pages: 1 13 replies