Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Greetings from NYC

Pages: 1 6 replies

J
JRCX posted on Sun, Nov 14, 2004 6:33 PM

Hello and greetings from NYC. I am born/raised/living in the NYC metro area all my life, but i signed up to share and exchange notes on retro pop culture such as tiki stuff... first off, i would like to know of any true polynesian restaurants in the NYC area, north jersey, PA, etc. Overall, just wanted to say hello!

Justin.

TM

Welcome to Tiki Central JRCX. Whenever I'm in the city, I take a ferry across to Jersey and catch a cab to Chan's Dragon Inn. It's in Ridgefield and well worth the trip!

Hey JRCX-

I just discovered King Yum in Queens. You can see my write up on it in 'Locating Tiki'. I'm also a big fan of Chan's as well. Another place definitely of note is Zombie Hut inthe Park Slope section of Brooklyn.

Aloha!

...And don't forget Jade Island on Staten Island.

aloooha justin!

there are a few TCers in NYC. i live nearby in nj. some of us get together on occasion & you're certainly welcome to join us next time out!

take advantage of TC's search function (upper right corner of your screen). do some searches for "new york" & "new jersey" & you'll find all sorts of cool info.

hope to see you around,
tiki chris

J
JRCX posted on Wed, Nov 17, 2004 10:18 PM

Hello All, thank you for your input! Tiki Matt... chan's dragon inn located in north jersey, i tried to search for a website, but they say its a chinese restaurant? can you give me any more feedback? I know of China Paradise in Wayne NJ, ridgefield NJ is not too far from me, i might just check it out, thanx again to all ! :o)

Pages: 1 6 replies